VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am looking to get Quaife to make up a synchromesh gear kit for the O2M R32 gearbox. I have one fitted to my Mk1 Golf with O2J box and it's the best mod I've ever done. Quaife already do a dog box but if you've ever tried one of those you'll know they are too brutal for road use. So I contacted them to see what the chances of making up a kit is.. answer is they'll do it if they get a minimum order of 10 kits. A provisional price would be £2500 + vat.. obviously you'ld need to have it fitted into your box.
As far as I'm aware the only firm that already does such a kit is DM Motorsport in Canada and have one fitted to their R32 Turbo.. After taxes and import duties that works out at much more so I thought theres no harm in asking.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a fantastic upgrade to your car.

See..

for an example of such a kit!!

· Eats Kitty Litter
6,631 Posts
I would be very interested as i have blown up two gearbox`s already but i very much doudt your get ten people that are willing to pay that for forged gears even though it is a very good price. If you go ahead with getting a gear set made let me know as i am still wanting a forged set made at some point.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, 2 kits is better than 1... I'm hoping a few more are interested so will wait and see as would rather buy local (Quaife). If not, maybe we might be able to get a deal on a few at DM

· Eats Kitty Litter
6,631 Posts
The price of the DM gearset has gone up since it was put on their website.Cannot remember what is is now but not cheap and they are not willing to post it over to me in a more import tax friendly way. I am hoping the DRP gearset i now have doesn`t break like the so called uprated diesel 02M gearset internals did that i use to run.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Way too much in that case! Have to sit tight and see if anyone else fancies the Quaife setup, even if we get 5 its worth having a word with them. I'm on my second car with the O2J synchromesh setup and its the best mod I've ever done.. Your car looks a fair spec.. I've started another thread in the Forced Induction section in relation to my project, take a look if you get time and let me know your thoughts if you get chance from your experience. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.