VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm in need of new Lights, Driver Side Headlight went out, figured i replace both so they match. I have yet to take it get examined, hopefully its just the bulb and not the entire module.

Hella bulbs are outrageously expensive, the OEM units are as well. (about 100 Dollars per bulb)

Any good non name brand bulbs? Reliable?

P.S For clarification, before the headlight died, the bulb started to turn a pinkish red color days before a fault warning came on and stopped working.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Osram/ Sylvannia Xenarc Silverstar bulbs are what you need. We can get them for £100 a set over here in the UK. I expect you'll be able to source them for $100 or so in the US.
If you buy cheap, you're likely to buy twice. $100 for a pair of bulbs that will last as long as the car does is a small price to pay I think you'll agree.

Paul

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Osram/ Sylvannia Xenarc Silverstar bulbs are what you need. We can get them for £100 a set over here in the UK. I expect you'll be able to source them for $100 or so in the US.
If you buy cheap, you're likely to buy twice. $100 for a pair of bulbs that will last as long as the car does is a small price to pay I think you'll agree.

Paul
I will check for those. 100 dollars is fine for a pair. but all the mainstream companies are charging about a 100usd for a single bulb. That's outlandish.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
MaysEffect said:
I will check for those. 100 dollars is fine for a pair. but all the mainstream companies are charging about a 100usd for a single bulb. That's outlandish.
Would you be cheaper picking up a used light over there?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you be cheaper picking up a used light over there?
The average shipping rate for anything from outside of us is about 30usd given the size of item. I really wouldn't save any cost buying the same thing from UK. There are plenty of cheap bulbs here, i just dont trust them. Unfortunately i am another guppy that likes expensive stuff

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
I have got a brand new Osram Xenarc i can ship over to you as ship car parts often to the USA/Canada . I also have some used bulbs think they are Phillips.

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,307 Posts
They are mine Paul. You know i am not some scamming little scumb bag like Craig Ross. Be nice Paul or you will not get the Blue Haldex...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts