VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one , would a low quality hdmi lead between a tv and a ps3 make gameplay 'laggy'? I've recently purchased a new tv and have hidden my ps3 away in a cupboard which is 10m from the tv. Is it the length of the cable or the quality? Or a combination of both?

·
2,803 Posts
You cant really go wrong with any kind of HDMI cable to be honest

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for your reply bud, I seemed to have improved it abit by messing about with the hdmi port options! I was getting worried as I want everything ready for GTA V!

·
Registered
0 Posts
The game won't be Laggy because of the HDMI mate, the connection is spot on and I paid £10 for a 1080p one and its been fantastic.

Although I'm banned for life on the ol' Xbox live I'm sure GTA V will be one to play in the future haha.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The game won't be Laggy because of the HDMI mate, the connection is spot on and I paid £10 for a 1080p one and its been fantastic.

Although I'm banned for life on the ol' Xbox live I'm sure GTA V will be one to play in the future haha.
It's hard to explain, it's like the tv can't keep up with the ps3. I'm on about laggy gameplay offline not online.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hmmm strange, worth looking into the settings and what not, as the HDMI shouldn't cause an issues, have a Google mate and see what it shows...its stumped me.

·
2,803 Posts

What did you do to get banned for life?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm strange, worth looking into the settings and what not, as the HDMI shouldn't cause an issues, have a Google mate and see what it shows...its stumped me.
Will do, thanks for your help anyway ! COD and GTA IV are the worse whereas fifa 13 is fine!

·
4,420 Posts
what tv do you have? put the tv into gaming mode, it decreases the amount of lag

and on some tvs you can mess around with settings, i have a samsung 46" led and it has horrible lag and there is a hidden menu that you can mess with stuff on, i googled it and improved it somewhat but im still not happy with it

it will probably be your tv that is causing the issue not the hdmi cable

·
Registered
135 Posts
what tv do you have? put the tv into gaming mode, it decreases the amount of lag

and on some tvs you can mess around with settings, i have a samsung 46" led and it has horrible lag and there is a hidden menu that you can mess with stuff on, i googled it and improved it somewhat but im still not happy with it

it will probably be your tv that is causing the issue not the hdmi cable
Funny you should say that I've just done it and its a bit better, but still not happy as you've said! I've got a panasonic veira led tv.

·
4,420 Posts
from my experience led tvs are horrible with lag, plasma is the way forward...even though it seems to be a step back lol, its just one of those things you will have to live with i guess, but my cousins panasonic viera is fine for gaming, the only way you will know is by trying it on a different tv with the same setup

·
69 Posts
If you google your TV specs it should tell you what the response time is. When I set up my PC I was into competitive online FPS games so I had to get the quickest responding monitor that I could. I think it's something ridiculous like 2ms. If your TV doesn't have a gaming setting see if it has a PC setting. Don't get conned by the old gold plated HDMI cable BS. As said above, it's digital, it either gets a signal or it doesn't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts