VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question about the ESP button and light. When I press the ESP button in my car, the yellow ESP light comes up on the dash and illuminates solidly.

In my audi, if you press the ESP button once, the light flashes on the dash. If you keep the ESP button pressed for more than 10 seconds, it switches off TC and ESPcompletely and the light illuminates solidly.

I checked the golf manual and it seems to suggest that when I press the ESP button once, the light should flash and not remain lit solidly. Is this correct for the R32?

I ran VAG-COM and the following code came up:

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-907-379-MK60-A.LBL
Part No SW: 1K0 907 379 AB HW: 1K0 907 379 AB
Component: ESP 4MOTION MK60 0102
Coding: 0004744
Shop #: WSC 01392

1 Fault Found:
02781 - ASR/ESP Button (E256)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

Is it an ABS sensor issue?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
I think that the ESP systemin the audi is probably slightly more advanced. As you say when you switch off the ESP in the golf it just lights up solidly. I haven't tried pressing and holding the button though.

·
276 Posts
not pressed = ESP on and light flashes when in operation
pressed = ESP is off and light is solid

I've not tried holding it down, will do shortly when I go out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, so it looks like my ESP button is working ok.

Will have to take it in to VW to ask about the fault code though. Will report back on any findings.

Alex

·
2,808 Posts
Your BMW 1 series will be like that but I dont think the Golf is. My light just stays on when I turn ESP off.

·
1,084 Posts
It sounds normal to me.

ESP off = light on
ESP on = light off, but flashes when the ESP is in action (ie trying to keep traction)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.