VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Where in the US is the bigist part if it is a small town it would be harder but if you go to a bigger city its easy. It also depends if you want to go through the VW dealer or a indapendent shop.

·
2,764 Posts
also in america i believe there fuel is not even 95ron? not sure if that is correct? im sure in usa they have something like 91ron petrol??

·
19,461 Posts
little_mp3 said:
also in america i believe there fuel is not even 95ron? not sure if that is correct? im sure in usa they have something like 91ron petrol??
to 9

You're right most stations have a wider selection than we get, ranging from 91 upto 99 RON

·
19,461 Posts
I think when you see the cost to ship the car to Florida and cover all the import paperwok and costs you'll quicly realise it's not really financially viable

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cuprabob i had thought about that, perhaps its just me clutching at straws :( I guess il make the most of it for now then, will be up for sale soon, youl all be the first to know! Might have to try find myself another over there :p

·
19,461 Posts
Mustang68 said:
Cuprabob i had thought about that, perhaps its just me clutching at straws :( I guess il make the most of it for now then, will be up for sale soon, youl all be the first to know! Might have to try find myself another over there :p
Much better options available with the steering wheel on the right side for less money and more suited to US driving style.Plenty of V8s around :)

·
South East Organiser
6,827 Posts
powermonkey44 said:
Its expensive. All 6 spark plugs cost me around 120$
That works out £75 gbp....They are about the same if not more

G

·
Dude you should bring it over here it would be cool to see a right hand drive. As for gas you get 87 89 91 in most places. Dont get a V8 american built cars are peaces of crap they fall apart!!

·
318 Posts
TDCVDUB87 said:
Dont get a V8 american built cars are peaces of crap they fall apart!!
lol - i was going to say that ! best to keep things german ! and with the fuel prices over there you could run a veyron cheaper than an R over here !

·
1,105 Posts
They measure petrol in the US in a different format

The Numbers displayed are Pump Octane Numbers, which is the average between RON and MON

Its a more accurate way of displaying fuel quality

For instance 97RON in the UK is around 93 in the US

·
2,803 Posts
Would a UK spec actually be road legal in the US? They're very strict on imports these days

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.