VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the MK IV has a service indicator light on the dash. Mine's just ticked over the 40,000 mark. I'm booking it in for a service anyway, but just wondered if the car gives you any indication as to when it wants a service?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
yes it comes up saying service in the display, if its on long life servicing it detects when its needed so not done by millage like 40k or 50k. so i belive

·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think it's on longlife (service book doesn't indicate so). Would you recommend getting it service now (just ticked past 40,000) or waiting until the service light comes on?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
when was it last serviced? 40k is haldex oil and filter as well so big service

·
3,137 Posts
if you don't know probably best to get it done

·
211 Posts
hello mate .... ive just had a 40k service done on mine at vw ... i bought mine from vw and had it changed from longlife to "10k" service ... the dash actually said it needed to be serviced 9k after its last one which i assume is because the car's computer knew it had been driven well hence earlier service ... full service cost £ 305 off vw but with haldex and brakefluid change plus software upgrade it came to £ 410 .... still not too bad for the type of car it is ... plus i wouldn't touch an R32 without everything being changed at the right interval when i sell it !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts