VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from the early days! It had Revo stage 1 and a Milltek cat back.

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, the list would go on! From what I can remember......
Schrick 268/264 cams
Revo stage 2
5 bar fuel reg
K&N Typhoon
KW V2 Coilovers
Milltek, manifolds, hi-flow cats and unsilenced back
Neuspeed ARB's F+B, short shift and power pullies
ECS rear tie arms
ECS/Porsche stage 5 brakes
Quaiffe LSD and gearbox
Fedanza flywheel
Haldex Blue
Yarrowsport ARB
That all I can remember.....

I was also going to go for the HPA kit, I had the manifold fitted but had it removed and I'm going for the VF stage 2+ which is basically the stage 2 but fitted with my cams. Then once it's run in the stage 4 will be going on!!!!! Hopefully ready in time for the summer!

·
1,432 Posts
Good going, you have quite the extensive mod list there,

Have you considered upgrading now to the orange Haldex PP? More info here

Any particular reason you decided to backout the HPA and go with the VF instead? I take it you were going from NA to VF via HPA or were you VF Stage 1 before then intended on swapping over to HPA but instead decided to simply upgrade to VF Stage 2+?

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not really tempted with the orange HPP, I'm quite happy with the way the car stops and feels off the throttle. I may be tempted over time but we'll have to see how often I do trackdays once the VF kit is installed.
The reason I went with the Vf kit over anything else was basically because of my cams. Only the Streetwerke kit and VF can use them. I know quite a few people with the VF and they are tried and tested, I'm not wanting to put you off but I know of a couple of turbo'd R's going bang! and my mates HPA FT400 is constantly throwing error codes etc. I don't really use the car during the week anymore so it's only going to be a weekend weapon. When AMD were about they were running the stage 2+ kit on a few R's and getting 400bhp out of it, so god knows what I could get out of mine with some tweaks in the software for my cams. If it all goes tits up, I'll go for the stage 4 upgrade but have the software fine tuned for the manifolds etc.
I suppose the power delivery of the turbo'd R's is more enjoyable when it chucks you into your seat, but with the VF it all happens from so low down the rev range and all the way up!
Here is a plot of a stage 2 VF kit with some mild tweaking.... running at 370bhp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts