VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a Mk4 R32 what do you think of the custom license plates reading

[ EARFUL ]

given the sound the r32 makes is the highlight of the car; I think mentioning in some form the sound would make sense.

[ NGOLFD ] was another one that I have checked that is available.

Im limited to six digits in Melbourne, we can have numbers too.

·
1,184 Posts
Surely BYEBYE is a better option as you leave em behind!

·
3,392 Posts
Hi Luke, how much are plates like that to buy if you dont mind me asking as over here somthing like that would cost £20,000+. We also need numbers in ours too

i think S4YBYE or LOUD3R would look good :xD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
about $500AUD, once off cost (Victoria anyway; pricing varies state to state)

So pretty much all of the good ones are taken already.

Go nuts here and try out a few combinations if you like (if you are that bored)!! https://ordering.vplates.com.au/plateorders.asp

I do currently own the plates [ AW5OME ] and have them in storage at the moment, but for something as subtle an an R32 i'm not sure it would suit 100%.

·
1,838 Posts
Don,t know that ares to well we have some family who live up towards the dandenong's in Belgrave Heights.Do tend to get about a bit when there though.Hopefully going to Grand prix in 09 as we were there in november for a wedding.Really love the place though always plenty to do and if your in the mood Great Ocean Road is a good drive,been down there a couple of times.

·
1,084 Posts
EARFUL is good.

NGOLFD... hmmm I get where you're coming from, but it makes me think of a diesel engined Golf.

Keep AW3SOME on retention though, that's gotta be worth a bit.

Given your username, how about R32D32?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
EARFUL is good.

NGOLFD... hmmm I get where you're coming from, but it makes me think of a diesel engined Golf.

Keep AW3SOME on retention though, that's gotta be worth a bit.

Given your username, how about R32D32?
R32D32... hehe sounds good in theory; but your regular motorist (and probably even my mates!!) wouldn't get that one. I like it though!!

AW5OME is hanging up in my room, definitely worth more than what I originally paid for it. Will be keeping them indefinitely for the mean time.

some more i have thought of

[ RPREC-8 ] - probably true in about 10 years time when theres much less than the 200 originally delivered Mk4 R32s around in Australia.

[ RKNUP ] - might suit the raspy non-resonated exhaust!

[ AHHH-32 ] - subtle but works perfect

anyone else like/dislike EARFUL??

edit: Great Ocean Road... is perhaps the ultimate drive. Sheer cliffs, only metres from the water, varying heights, rainforests, sharp twistys, countless bends, the road goes for miles and miles, It is indeed where an R32 would feel at home :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts