VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to he owners club and am after some technical advice please.
I've just bought my friends 2006 manual car which had hydraulic'd the engine when his wife drove through a deep puddle.
I've bought a replacement engine from e bay, which when it arrived turned out to be from an automatic car . I've fitted a new dual mass and clutch and fitted the engine . All went well until I went to attach the cam adjuster selenoid plugs.
The ones from my car loom don't fit, they both have two wires but the pins in the plugs are smaller on the replacement motor.
So I stripped the rocker and side casings to swap the selenoids but found them different.

Does anyone know if the auto,s are different or if they had an upgrade on model years , are the plug ends available ?
Or any other solution to my problem.

Thanks for any help or advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes apparently they were changed in 2007.
I've managed to get the part numbers from a very helpful parts person at Preston Audi and their master technician Steve Singleton who was very knowledgable ,
Ordered the connectors and wires and hopefully should be up and running tomorrow.
Many thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.