VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
So - I'm pretty stuck on purchasin either a MK5 '32 or maybe an 07+ plate Audi S3 in a few months now, after having my Focus ST-3 ..

Just wondering how these cars compare to one another with regards to spec, performance, 0-60, handling, etc ..

Anyone had any encounters with an ST or S3 ?????

Is the Golf a much quicker car than the Focus or are they quite similar in terms of performance?

And surely the S3 would have the R any day? Correct me if i'm wrong!

Thanks In Advance guys, any input or opinions would be massively appreciated on this ..

·
Registered
259 Posts
My mates got an st 07 plate and has taken to it graham Goode for their gt300 upgrade and I can still get away from him at the lights and level up to a mile
Wether it's his driving or the car I don't know
But they are nice cars
Very easy to drive and comfortable shame about the torque steer :/

·
Soon to be Naked Member
3,836 Posts
My mates got an ST3 an no comparison to the R both in performance and ride (don't tell her I said that) haha.

I test drove an S3 for the beanz a few months ago and it was nice but nowt special really. Was nice to have the turbo again its the only thing i miss with my last 2. Just my opinion tho :)/>

·
Registered
259 Posts
Manwell!
I think the mk4's look odd with dsg
Plus manual boxes are lighter- less under steer!

Forgot to mention his st when standard wasn't quite on par with my golf
(excuse the pun)
He'll hate me for saying that

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Is it raining or bone dry

Reactions: christoff1989

·
1,056 Posts
A blue one with white stripes tried it on with me back last year coming off a roundabout. I knew he was going to try it on because it was an open dual carriageway and I thought I'm not having that so I slipped in into Sport
before we got to the roundabout and came out the other end with my car singing a symphony. Basically, he got creamed but that's all I know.

There's a nice orange one down the road from here though and the guy keeps it clean but to be honest he's always looking over here

Reactions: christoff1989

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
I test drove an ST before u got the R and was left underwhelmed, the driving position is like a van. I reckon it would need some work to make it any good, but I do like them and would consider a well sorted one as my next car

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Surely the R32 is an equal with the RS and the ST is the GTI equivalent ?

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
Soon to be Naked Member
3,836 Posts
Surely the R32 is an equal with the RS and the ST is the GTI equivalent ?

Comparing ford to ford and dub to dub yes but not comparing one against the other. I know this makes no sense but I know what I mean. I think.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Gizmo86 said:
Comparing ford to ford and dub to dub yes but not comparing one against the other. I know this makes no sense but I know what I mean. I think.
It's hurting my head trying to work out what you said lol

·
19,461 Posts
It's hurting my head trying to work out what you said lol

Just talking to Stephen Hawkins and Brian Cox, and they are still trying to work it out.:)

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Gizmo86 said:
Basically the R is superior to the GTI as is the RS to the ST but, that being said, the R an the ST are not the same so therefore 1 is better. The R. Obvs.
I like this logic

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Gizmo86 said:
P.s. who's Brian cox?
He is a professor that knows all about the universe , he also used to be the drummer in D Ream

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.