VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I have just recently bought a mk5 R32 fully stock and I have to say I've driven all your regular fast hatchbacks I.e S3, Rs3, M140i and for the price and what you get for your money my new R32 beats them all IMO.

Forget about speed I've heard so many people waffle on about R32 being really slow and its quite obvious with that hefty engine in that it wouldn't be as quick as an 8year old s3 or that era of car. The R32 sound and comfort is awesome!

But anyway I love mine already and wanted to share experiences with some of you wiser R32 owners.

My question is this. What mods are a must bearing in mind I want to keep it as much stock as I can guys?
And also what needs to be monitored mechanically?

💙❤👊

·
19,472 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

Reactions: BazladR32

·
Registered
2004, Mk4 , R32
30 Posts
Lots of theoretically quicker cars but the instant torque and 4WD drive grip of a naturally aspirated 3.2 in a hot hatch like R32 is hard to replicate in real world driving conditions even with the best modern 2 l turbo . Plus the sound and overall fit, finish and driving comfort are superb :). In Australia the Mk4 especially are rapidly appreciating classics

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
805 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Apart from the wheels, mine looks pretty standard but underneath it is very far from it: I add this to illustrate that if you want to , you can do ( and spend ) a lot on the R32 and still retain the o.e. look.

·
Registered
2006 Volkswagen Golf R32 | Black Magic Pearl | Sunroof | DSG
31 Posts
Hey mate! What you said about driving faster cars vs the R32 is spot on! Who cares about how fast you can go. The R32 has an amazing character and the sound and comfort outweighs all of that! I've just come from a stage 2+ Audi s3 to an R32 and I'm so much more happy because of the way I drive! I cruise and enjoy the comfort over how fast I can get from A to B!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts