VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.dont normally do forums and don't know who will see this hope ive done it right ! basically i absolutely adore the vw r32.it sounds sad but i literally do go "phwoar" when I see one.i wanted to ask if u had done without so much and always wanted one,and finally the chance to buy one came up,should i ?

·
Registered
927 Posts
We are all like that mate haha and you would be silly not to get one, I can assure you wouldn't regret it!

Maco

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers pal.how random is this,talking to people who i don't even know but cheers.im just a normal lad living at home with parents.made bad mistakes with money in the past but nearly sorted out now.just wondered if its worth the massive expense ?

·
19,388 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Not too sure you will get an unbiased opinion on an R32 forum on whether you should buy one

But for reference, the answer is yes.

Reactions: cpc32

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha quite.i just love it.the sound the look the finish.bear in mind this will be my first car !

·
Registered
927 Posts
Check insurance first then mate, as for a massive expense you won't really loose money on the value of a mk4 r32 but you will on the fuel but that is forgiven when you drive round with your window down listening to that v6 tone!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Lovely noise , smooth drive , quality build , Hello petrol station. Lovely noise, smooth drive , quality build . Oh hello petrol station .. Wouldn't change mine for nothing at the moment . Average mpg 21

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers for the advice people.i can save about 1100 a month if im careful so was wondering how much to look at for one ? im guna pass a mk 4 on the way to work tonight and it sounds loud ! but i want a mark 5 or is there a mark 6 ?? it must must must be blue

·
Registered
324 Posts
Lovely noise , smooth drive , quality build , Hello petrol station. Lovely noise, smooth drive , quality build . Oh hello petrol station .. Wouldn't change mine for nothing at the moment . Average mpg 21
Snap i would say exactly the same but tbh i dont worry about filling it up all the time because everytime i do it just puts a bigger smile on my face knowing im just guna drive it again

Reactions: cpc32 and Lhalford

·
19,388 Posts
cheers for the advice people.i can save about 1100 a month if im careful so was wondering how much to look at for one ? im guna pass a mk 4 on the way to work tonight and it sounds loud ! but i want a mark 5 or is there a mark 6 ?? it must must must be blue
The MK6 R is a 2.0 litre turbo so doesn't sound anything as good as the 3.2 V6 in the MK4 and MK5.

For a MK5 you're looking at £9k - £13k depending upon spec, mileage etc...

Expense wise, it's going to be insurance and the £475 / £490 VED that's going to be significant on top of the fuel and maintenance. Some early MK5s have a VED of £280 if they were registeted prior to 23/3/2006 but they tend to be thin on the ground.

·
678 Posts
Welcome to the forum
good luck with your search. The mk4 you passes probably had a non res exhaust.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome to the OC.

Had my mk5 for 1 year and love and cherish it even more than I did when I purchased it.

You won't regret it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if i spend 12k what am I likely to get ? sorry for asking but could people fill me in on whats haldex and the gearbox is it flappy paddle ? what's the best mark for exhaust noise or can u alter it ?

·
19,388 Posts
The DSG model has paddles.

Haldex is the electonically controlled coupling that transfers the drive to the rear wheels making the car AWD.

Have a look at the classifieds on here, pistonheads and Autotrader to see what £12k will buy.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I payed 12.5k for my mk5 mint condition all round except couple of stone chips 37k on clock full vw history got everything apart from sat nav and cruise control

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cheers to all the people giving me advice.im a genuine person asking genuine questions.i know it looks funny not having a profile photo and asking a lot but it was a rush job to come on here cos i got sick of searching the Internet for answers ! i don't want flappy paddle want a proper manual gearbox

·
Registered
48 Posts
You will not look back if you get an R pal, I went for the MK4 as it was the model I've always wanted in DPB, I have to say its the only car I've owned when standing at the pumps ( quite frequently ) with a smile on my face loading her up with fuel!

Like the guys have said various MK's, tax bands, colours ( tornado red and grey in the mk4 are always nice ), seat and trim options!

Get yourself on the vehicles section and have a look

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
absolutely knackered and going to work in a bit but when im sat in it and its mine and i turn the ignition on for the first time i think ill end up in tears.i know that's sad but its how i feel..I'd have it above any other car i really would.several people have mentioned about it putting a smile on your face.and that's what it's all about.cheers people guna do some digging and see what I can come up with

·
19,388 Posts
are the 20 spoke rims standard ? just want to stand out with something different
Earlier cars have Zolders as standard (20 spokes), later cars (MY08 onwards) have Omanyts (10 spokes) as standard

1 - 20 of 22 Posts