VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,204 Posts
I'm in the middle of my R's first proper detail in a long time.
Cars been stripped of old wax and clayed.
I'm now in the middle of a machine polish, I've done the bonnet, front wings and bumper.
I'd say I've removed 75-eighty % of the swirls but in artificial light I can still see a few there.
I've been using a Kestrel Das 6 with Menzerna white compounding pad and Menzerna Intensive polish PO85RD3.02 for fist wipe.
Now do I need to go over again with the above or would a wipe over with a Menzerna yellow compounding pad with Menzerna Final Finish remove the last 25% or so of the swirls?
Once machined polish I intend to go over with Poorboys black hole (On a Moonlight blue) and then top of with a few coats of Collinite 915 to finish, unless I have missed anything out?
Cheers.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hi mate,

75% on first pass Is great. I would say a second pass would be good but only if you check the paint depth. I'm not so sure the final finish stuff will remove much swirls as i thought it was more gloss enhancement.

Blackhole is great and I reckon all swirls will be gone after 2 light coats of that. I add jeatseal 109 after the black hole and the put wax on top of that but it's just my OCD kicking in

Can't wait to see the pics

Wez

·
Registered
927 Posts
Cheers Wez,Sorry can't make the Show on Sunday just need to get the R sorted first so its not being used and getting dirty while details in progress.

Never used jetseal before,is it easy to use and where's the best(and cheapest)place to get it from?

Cheers for the help.
It's very easy to use mate. 2 light coats 30 minutes apart approx and it gives an amazing gloss shine. It will also keep your black hole well sealed also for around 4 months. If you pop a couple of coats of wax on top of that then I would say your looking good for 6 months.

I really do like the jet seal I know there are other good sealants on the market but I have not used them.

Speak soon mate and no worries about Sunday

Wez

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm in the middle of my R's first proper detail in a long time.
Cars been stripped of old wax and clayed.
I'm now in the middle of a machine polish, I've done the bonnet, front wings and bumper.
I'd say I've removed 75-eighty % of the swirls but in artificial light I can still see a few there.
I've been using a Kestrel Das 6 with Menzerna white compounding pad and Menzerna Intensive polish PO85RD3.02 for fist wipe.
Now do I need to go over again with the above or would a wipe over with a Menzerna yellow compounding pad with Menzerna Final Finish remove the last 25% or so of the swirls?
Once machined polish I intend to go over with Poorboys black hole (On a Moonlight blue) and then top of with a few coats of Collinite 915 to finish, unless I have missed anything out?
Cheers.
I watched this vid yesterday which I found useful, repeats itself qrite a bit towards the end but def some good pointers

·
Registered
977 Posts
Cheers for that torbs,seem to have spent most of today watching these,lol!
Your welcome pal

Im in the process of getting my first da and I understand the concept just didn't understand the moving through grades of product etc so found it helpful

Now i just need to man up and try it out lol

·
Super Moderator
2,204 Posts
Your welcome pal

Im in the process of getting my first da and I understand the concept just didn't understand the moving through grades of product etc so found it helpful

Now i just need to man up and try it out lol
It wasn't to bad to be honest,just take your time and go steady.
Finished mine last month and was pleased with the results.
Heres a few pics at the bottom of the page.
http://www.r32oc.com...te-timejune-13/

·
Registered
124 Posts
No need to check the paint depth with a das 6 pro its a DA. I use the zenith point technique, then a finishing compound to add gloss / depth, and remove the lighter swirls. German paint is typically solid ! you would have to seriously go some to cause any kind of damage with a DA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts