VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm not the best person to answer this but it's been discussed before.... Despite now being cheap to buy, running costs are still quite high, fuel bills etc so people tend to buy not realising then sell within 6-12 months

If it checks out everywhere I wouldn't sweat it

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Sorry no one replied to this before you picked it up? Are you a proud owner now?

Lose the wide deflectors if so! =)

·
19,388 Posts
As said above I wouldn't worry too much about the number of above as running costs can be high and some people are eadily bored and wamt to move on to the next thing.

Just be aware, if they haven't been done already, the plugs are due to be changed at 40k miles and the Haldex is also due an oil and filter change at the same mileage.

Hope you enjoy the car when you pick it up and it gived you many miles of fun

·
19,388 Posts
Sorry no one replied to this before you picked it up? Are you a proud owner now?

Lose the wide deflectors if so! =)
I read he's picking it up tomorrow morning (Saturday)

·
2,803 Posts
The 280bhp might be a bit generous

Looks lovely!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Never even checked the link to the car!!

V nice.... owner selling after 12 months reiterates what's said above

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi guys thanks for the great input, I have been the owner one of these truly stunning cars before and dreamed of them since the first time i heard that soundtrack!! I was however very unlucky to fully destroy my beautiful car as I suffered a rapid deflation on the passenger side rear tyre while entering a bend and was greeted head on by an ambulance and it won! Its time to buy another one and this one ticks the boxes for me.
The car is putting out 284 bhp with an amd print out and pulls all the way through.
The wind deflectors are coming off and I was thinking about de tintingng the windows as like a clean look, might even put some bbs ch rims on it :).
With regards to running cost I truly do not care as you cant put a value on the experience you get from these cars. I have had plenty of cars and I have never enjoyed one quite so much.

I am doing a 9 day Europe run next year.....any one want to join??

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I suppose if you're going to crash into something I'd put Ambulance at no.2 (followed by a Hospital at no.1)

·
1,066 Posts
The paintwork looks fantastic. Don't let the number of previous owners put you off, mine as had eight and it didn't put me off. As long as its been maintained and serviced regularly then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am getting excited like a kid in a sweet shop, looking forward to meeting you guys at meets, I am in the south east any coming up soon??

·
Queen In The North
1,358 Posts
Reactions: PaulW
1 - 18 of 18 Posts