VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya it's a bit silly i know to ask on here , but which one?

Ive just bought a brand new Seat Leon Cupra mk2 , 20k+ with options 700miles on it, but ive just been made redundant , so if i dont find a job soon i may have to sell up!

I would need to free up a few k , so was thinking of a R32 mk4 or a 225 S3?

I would be looking to spend 15k

Any advice and experience's would be great

Thanks

·
1,222 Posts
Hi

First of all, sorry about the reduntancy thing. in your situation (And I am assuming money might be tight) I would either

1. Buy the Audi S3 over the R32 for fuel reasons

or

2. buy a cheaper little car Polo diesel which does 60+ to the gallon + cheaper on insurance, then wait until you get another job and your feet back on the ground then buy the R32.

my opinion :lollypop:

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Would definately say the R32 over the S3, but as Zirconium said, if you need to free up more cash just buy a cheap runaround for now and then when you're sorted job/money wise, then go for an R32 :top:

·
1,084 Posts
It may also be worth considering a Golf GTi Edition 30. There a still a few knocking around car supermarkets. Better economy then S3 or R32, and more easily tunable.

Of the S3 and R32, I would say V6 everytime!

Most of the above answers are the most sensible options though (financially speaking).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tokyo Dub said:
It may also be worth considering a Golf GTi Edition 30. There a still a few knocking around car supermarkets. Better economy then S3 or R32, and more easily tunable.

Of the S3 and R32, I would say V6 everytime!

Most of the above answers are the most sensible options though (financially speaking).
I don't need to worry about fuel , my wife has a fuel card!

The only thing the puts me off the R32 is unless you spend 3k+ your not going over 250bhp?

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks

leon

·
5,616 Posts
Milltek cat back, Remap and Cold Air Induction kit should be for for around 270bhp and that'll set you back about £1.5k... Ed @ APS can sort you out :D

·
716 Posts
For 15k, i would definalty go for the Golf.. (maybe perhaps a MK5 GTI, i just traded mine in for 15k and it was a high spec mint one). But after being in my mates mk4 R32, either i would prefer over the S3.

·
3,732 Posts
personally although i like the s3 (a good mate has one) they are just too understated and dont feel 'special' enough for me to warrant the money on one. its a golf everytime, r32 if you can reach it or aim at a gti

·
38 Posts
lasbazrre said:
Ive just bought a brand new Seat Leon Cupra mk2 , 20k+ with options 700miles on it, but ive just been made redundant , so if i dont find a job soon i may have to sell up!
Keep the Leon!! I have one and love it :151:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts