VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if this kit is gd .... And can this kit run with the standard clutch ,gearbox .. And no other upgrades .... Can any one help on info .... Interested due to being just over £3000 Automotive parking light Tire Motor vehicle Product Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Sure ive seen this kit discussion o this forum before, cant remember the outcome though sorry :/

Ive looked at the kit myself and if import tax wasn't that bad it might be worth it

Wez

·
South East Organiser
6,827 Posts

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,361 Posts
You cannot go wrong with HPA stuff. They make the best of the best which is why they are more expensive then other companies but the products made are fantastic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Agree with Lucifer, HPA get the reputation for providing the best kits. Their DTM kit is a bare bones kit with a very decent turbo that can be uprated beyond 500bhp with other modifications. 350bhp should be reliable and ok on the standard clutch however hard launching, quarter miles will soon kill it.

Speak to HPA and they will give you the best advice as they are very helpful.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Golfguy1983 said:
I'd like the hpa kit with the coolent fed inter cooler
Look in vehicles for sale on here. Some beautiful examples like the one for sale by a member called 'silver'. That is some serious car for the money. There are some lovely turbo'd examples about at present. Definitely worth a look in my opinion, somebody has already put all their money and love into these :)

·
3,788 Posts
Golfguy1983 said:
I dident want to do that incase the car had been ragged
Anyone that does a turbo conversion is hardly going to drive like miss daisy

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,361 Posts
Look in vehicles for sale on here. Some beautiful examples like the one for sale by a member called 'silver'. That is some serious car for the money. There are some lovely turbo'd examples about at present. Definitely worth a look in my opinion, somebody has already put all their money and love into these :)
There are also several R32 turbo cars that are for sale at the moment that are a bag of $hit. Silvers car has been for sale for ages and will remain so at the price he is asking.
The HPA liquid cooled SRI is a fantastic bit of kit which i would love to have but cannot justify spending £2000 on an inlet with no pipework or coolant parts.It also makes working on the engine a bitch if the head/rocker cover needs to be removed as the whole charge cooler gets drained and SRI needs to be removed. I have a friend with one fitted that has a love/hate thing at the moment with the liquid cooled SRI .

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lucifer said:
There are also several R32 turbo cars that are for sale at the moment that are a bag of hit. Silvers car has been for sale for ages and will remain so at the price he is asking. The HPA liquid cooled SRI is a fantastic bit of kit which i would love to have but cannot justify spending £2000 on an inlet with no pipework or coolant parts.It also makes working on the engine a bitch if the head/rocker cover needs to be removed as the whole charge cooler gets drained and SRI needs to be removed. I have a friend with one fitted that has a love/hate thing at the moment with the liquid cooled SRI .
Yeah agree exactly with what your saying, i have little knowledge of turbos on R32's, i have had fast imprezas aswell as other nice motors, I bought the R32 as it is a lovely all round package and I would not spend £15,000 on a turbo package when there are nice cars with all the hard work /upgrades done. In fairness if i had £15k to spend on a £7k car like him i would certainly look at buying a new/ different car :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.