VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, we arrived at CC at around 0830 this morning. The sun was already out and it was an awesome start to the day, meeting just off the M4. The R32 members were myself (TOTGT), Roy32 and Goose. We were minus VC who had to work today. Sorry you couldn't make it VC and you didn't mess me about at all, these things happen. Any way we all got in a session round the circuit, some were more adventurous than others LOL. It was a good day all in all, I think we have recruited around 4 new members too!! Enjoy the piccies. More to follow!!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good to meet up with you guys, had a really cracking day. As TOTGT says we did get a session on the track but took us all day to talk our selves into it LOL:D . It was nice to see the R's getting a bit of attention as usual and to be joined by some (hopefully) new members. Will try and sort a bit of video that my mate Dave took but may take a few days to sort.

Was quite pleased to find my car is 93 db at 4500 revs, now I know its loud.:driver:

Look forward to the R32oc event or meet.:151:

Royster

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad yu enjoyed Royster!! Put your foot down and get to Bournemouth LOL.!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi ya guys just join the forum meet totgt at combe on sat it was good two see some r32s out there nice one guys !! how was the track ? my r32 needs two new rear tyres now o well . it was good 2 get it out on the track.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Walshy - It's Scott here (Blue 3.2 TT Coupe), Good to meet you guy's on Saturday. Sorry I had to shoot off before you all hit the track. How was it? Hope all your R32's came back as they went out !! Cheers, Scott.

·
387 Posts
Walshy - awesome day mate, really well done on the organizing. Roy, Ritey, Scott - nice to meet you blokes. :wavey:

Had a fantastic time syching ourselves up all morning critiquing the other drivers, only then to go out in the arvo and potter round like we were in a convoy to the local Tesco Extra lol

Seriously - this is the most fun you can have in a car for £35 - except for maybe a Divine Brown!

Video footage to follow - needs a bit of editing first...

goose (matt) :151:

·
387 Posts
ok - am a propor divvie.. my mate who filmed us racing has burned me a dvd... how do i edit and post the fecker !!!!

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
scoTTy32 said:
Hi Walshy - It's Scott here (Blue 3.2 TT Coupe), Good to meet you guy's on Saturday. Sorry I had to shoot off before you all hit the track. How was it? Hope all your R32's came back as they went out !! Cheers, Scott.
Hi Scott, good to meet you. Stay in touich via the OC and come join us a future events, as a 3.2er you are more than welcome. See you around mate. :driver:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Walshy - Hope you Goose, Ritey, Roy et al are all well. I read that you you're having to make the ultimate sacrifice! (well not quite.. but a wrench none the less). Console yourself with the fact that a house is far more comfortable than an R32 or any other car could ever be. We had a similar push recently (got offered some land) - all the toys were up for grabs! It's all fallen through now but we are still consolidating a bit. I'm trying desparately to hang on to the TT but the missus thinks its a bit flash to be using as her work car. (She's a social worker - spends most of her day threatening to remove kids from bad parents)...we shall see. Anyway, I was dropping you a line to say that I'm heading back down to Castle Coombe on Oct 13th for this Audi driver day. Be good to see you guy's down there. All the best - Scott.

·
387 Posts
scoTTy32 said:
Hi Walshy - Hope you Goose, Ritey, Roy et al are all well. I read that you you're having to make the ultimate sacrifice! (well not quite.. but a wrench none the less). Console yourself with the fact that a house is far more comfortable than an R32 or any other car could ever be. We had a similar push recently (got offered some land) - all the toys were up for grabs! It's all fallen through now but we are still consolidating a bit. I'm trying desparately to hang on to the TT but the missus thinks its a bit flash to be using as her work car. (She's a social worker - spends most of her day threatening to remove kids from bad parents)...we shall see. Anyway, I was dropping you a line to say that I'm heading back down to Castle Coombe on Oct 13th for this Audi driver day. Be good to see you guy's down there. All the best - Scott.
Oooh - I'm sensing a 3.2 TT versus Golf shootout !!!!! :top:

·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Scott, met up with goose today and he mentioned this message, if I am around I may pop down. I may still have the car, little interest so far. If not Im sensing a passenger moment (hint hint!!) Will let you know nearer the time. Walshy!

·
13 Posts
Good to see you guys enjoying youselves at Coombe last year! Done a few sessions here when I had the Galant VR4.

Had to wear long sleeved shirts and lids when I went out. You lot look very casual.:eek:

Hope to get an R shortly then I'll join you next time.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts