VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this trip is one i've wanted to do since i've owned the .:R so i'll stick up a feeler thread but this IS going to happen next year.

Was thinking of doing this in May if possible which gives us enough time to book and also doesn't mean we pay a fortune for ferries in the summer.

So if your SERIOUSLY interested in this trip in MAY next year then please tick your name down.

I was also thinking of getting some graphics printed simular to those shown on the golf below :

although this is optional as i know some won't want these on the car ( they will be the same ones as Gumball use that arent extremley sticky )
And maybe only the Ring logo with something R32oc related inside.

Anyway once a few names get on the list then i'll start planning a route and organizing hotels etc.

The list :

Macdaddy
Wayne
Mak

·
1,432 Posts
Brush up or begin learning german with the My Daily Phrase German podcast on iTunes, its free! Or you can get the enhanced version for only £25 from http://www.radiolingua.com/mdpg/members-guide.html

I am putting my name down now, although I'm not sure what I will be driving yet :)

Macdaddy
Wayne
Mak
FiftyPence nee FiftyPenceR32

G

·
Macdaddy
Wayne
Mak
Rob & Caroline

As for the stickers, we'll have some of that..... :idea: So long as i can put them on the windows and not the paint!!!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
575 Posts
im off there again on friday,been going the same dates last 4 years as people tend to go a bit more crazy than usual before the winter shut down.
Great fun!!
would someone add my name to the list,as slightly phissed and dont now how to do it..
many thanks in advance

·
1,432 Posts
I have the perfect hotel situated just two minutes drive from the entrance to the Nurburgring. Visit www.ringhaus.com for full details, the full hotel name is Altes Forsthaus. I'm telling you this hotel is awesome, the accomodation is great, the food is fantastic and the small town of Nurburg is just 5 minutes drive away, they have a pizzeria which I thought was quite nice and a few other hotels which have their own restaurant too.

Skeezie32, where do you normally stay? When I went over a number of chaps from the Club GTI and Seatcupra.net forums stayed at a hotel which is in Nurburg itself situated down a little gravely road off the main road which goes through the village. There were road works at the time, the hotel they stayed at was off the main road but the road it was on goes through some fields parallel to the main straight of the track and this little road leads to a bridge which goes over the track and meanders toward the Altes Forsthaus I mentioned above.

These are the two main hotels I know of anyway.

I would be very interested in putting graphics on my car.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Macdaddy
Wayne
Mak
Rob & Caroline
TamR32
Skeezie32

R+C You can put those graphics wherever, the rear passenger windows seem like a good idea tbh,

Not sure on costs yet as i really wanted to see i this was going to be a viable trip which looking at the response it seems to be. :rock:

I'll research further into it today ie hotels etc, I know fifty and Golfgirl have been before so no doubt there'll be PM's coming thier way. :eek:

Oh if Tams going then does that mean we're all going to be upset cos his cars got turbo and we havent !! lol

·
575 Posts
Also stayed at the same hotel on 3 occasions,Frank and staff very accomadating also very handy as only situated 200 yrd from ring toll entrance.
I think the hotel off the main drag maye the teir garten ?run by Sebine Schmits mum ,serves great steaks,this is situated down a little lane then 1st right.
next week staying in Adeneau.
Hope the weather holds

·
2,548 Posts
I'm up for this! What about incorporating parts of Italy, Austria and Switzerland (Stelvio Pass, Dolomites, Bormio, Lake Como etc.) as part of the trip?

1. Macdaddy
    [*]Wayne
    [*]Mak
    [*]FiftyPence nee FiftyPenceR32
    [*]Rob & Caroline
    [*]TamR32
    [*]Skeezie32
    [*]Davefish

·
3,732 Posts
davefish said:
I'm up for this! What about incorporating parts of Italy, Austria and Switzerland (Stelvio Pass, Dolomites, Bormio, Lake Como etc.) as part of the trip?]
that sounds like a plan! i smell a road trip :D

the mrs has givin me provisional ground clearnce depending on costs and dates :cheers:

1. Macdaddy
    [*]Wayne
    [*]Mak
    [*]FiftyPence nee FiftyPenceR32
    [*]Rob & Caroline
    [*]TamR32
    [*]Skeezie32
    [*]Davefish
    [*]Very Cherry
    (provisional)

:driver:

·
1,432 Posts
When I went in August of this year we stopped off in Amsterdam for a few days first, I'd love to go back there again ;)

·
544 Posts
its my bithday in may so count me in

Macdaddy
Wayne
Mak
Rob & Caroline
TamR32
Skeezie32
Davefish
Very Cherry (provisional)
MATR32 (GTI ED30)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Macdaddy
Wayne
Mak
Rob & Caroline
TamR32
Skeezie32
Davefish
r32 mjc

i can go only if the misses comes too!!!!

·
1,432 Posts
tamr32 said:
Will need a convoy of R's only if i go alone i will get lost :stupido:
Thats where SatNav comes in handy, seriously if I had to use a map to get there when I went in August I suspect it would have taken me a week to get there.

Very Cherry said:
i'm in amsterdam for 4 days at the end of nov :D
Have you been before VC? Where are you staying? I wish I was back there now sampling the delights of the Greenhouse Effect Coffee Shop. Be sure to say hi to the girls for me ;)

·
83 Posts
Sounds good to me, as with most, price dependant. Reckon it'll cost at least £200 for petrol. Good plan though, you can't beat a good road trip

Macdaddy
Wayne
Mak
Rob & Caroline
TamR32
Skeezie32
Davefish
r32 mjc

·
1,432 Posts
I went with a few friends, each of us in our own cars we travelled from St Malo, France to Amsterdam then on to the Nurburgring and we stopped for petrol a few times on the way. Indeed, not much change out of £200 in petrol alone I suspect.

You mainland dwellers will likely get the boat to Calais iirc thats the most common port to head for which is closest to the Nurburgring.

·
Registered
12 Posts
macdaddy said:
Oh if Tams going then does that mean we're all going to be upset cos his cars got turbo and we havent !! lol
I wouldn't worry too much. When Neil and I went a few years ago with the Rover Coupe owners club, we were in a NASP and others were in turbos and Neil was the quickest around the circuit.

I'm sure Neil would love to go again but at the moment we can't commit to anything :(

1 - 20 of 320 Posts