VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from another thread in which Wayne (the creator of R32OC) mentioned the bandwidth limitations of the website it got me thinking (rarely a good thing):

Speaking of bandwidth, I used to have my own website dedicated to my R32 with pictures and videos etc but the running costs were a killer owing to the number of people who downloaded videos and pictures I was hosting so I decided to shut it down.

I think itd be a good idea if perhaps a Donation scheme were setup to allow us to Donate a few quid annually to Wayne to cover costs as at present Wayne has mentioned he is happy to fund this website out of his own pocket but the R community is for the benefit of us all so I feel we should all do our bit to assist in the running of this website.

Wayne, I recommend you setup a Donations email address such as [email protected], register it with PayPal and advise us of your chosen donations email address so we can all send you a few quid.

You could have a list of members who have made donations like they have for the political parties as a way of saying thanks for the contributions and it may also entice others to donate too.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
thanks for this Fifty. Being in the design/web trade i have quite a good hosting setup at the minute, which means that i should be able to cope with everything for at least a couple of months. I really really dont wanna charge people to use the site, as i was saying to macdaddy i havnt setup this site for any financial gain whatsoever. If we get big enough and i have to try and recoup some money then id much prefer to offer advertising spots as opposed to charging the members.

Thanks alot for the thought tho :)

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No probs, we will continue to spread the word of this website with a view to it one day being THE R32 information resource

·
2,639 Posts
Since we learnt a bit of a lesson from the club polo boys at the R fest, It could be worth having a premium members fee of as little as £5 a year which would get a couple of unique stickers and a program or something and the rest of the money can go into buying resources for the R fest (marquee, BBQ, BBQ food, external lighting, generator, stereo etc etc).

You could gauge interest on a £5 or £10 donation and see what happens?

·
4,715 Posts
"DM_DubGTi said:
Since we learnt a bit of a lesson from the club polo boys at the R fest, It could be worth having a premium members fee of as little as £5 a year which would get a couple of unique stickers and a program or something and the rest of the money can go into buying resources for the R fest (marquee, BBQ, BBQ food, external lighting, generator, stereo etc etc).

You could gauge interest on a £5 or £10 donation and see what happens?
Sounds fair :0)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.