VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what files the CD (boot changer) and sat nav install can play? And is it possible to activate the text so that the track names appear on the screen rather than just 'Track 09' for example? I've put a couple of CD's in but it doesn't read all of them (not sure what format they all are).

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Murdoch

P.s I would also like to get the Sat nav disk (European one), anyone know what the name of it is?

·
619 Posts
Hey Murdoch,
If we are talking about original cd changer it will only play standard cds or your back ups. It wont play mp3's Im affraid.
The satnav unit wont play anything other than reading the navigation cd in the slot provided over the screen. Thats why most of us have boot changers or audio/video adapters connected to the navi unit for different audio/video sources that can be hooked up (ipods, dvd players, hard drives etc.)
As far as I know there is no way to change the display on the navi to show track names and for the maps visit:

http://www.navshop.com/en/shop/car-navigation/brand/volkswagen

Hope that helps

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Stan!

Will it make any difference if the Cd changer was changed? I find that listening to CD's through the changer sound really flat, whereas the radio doesn't sound that bad. I'll be putting in my little sub and amps in due course, whilst simultaneously uprating the speakers, but in the meantime I just wanna improve the sound without spending loads.

Also, what external hard drives / adapters are worth getting? and are these fairly easy to 'plumb in'?

Thanks again

Murdoch

·
619 Posts
Im not sure that many cd changers will work with the original radio, but I might be wrong on that. I have the navi in my R as well and with that Im using phatnoise instead of the cd changer. When I had the cd changer the sound was very good, so I cant say why your sounds flat. Maybe play with the settings little bit.
It's worth getting the Dietz adapter that plugs in to the back of the navigation unit and that will allow you to use your aux for anything. I use it with my 2.5" hard drive to play videos, music etc. and I find it great.
Will post more this evening as Im running late for work:xD

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one cheers Stan, any links and costs would also be useful! I need to replace my Ipod, but maybe it'll be better getting an external hard drive? I'm not a techno-phobe, but I am treading water with such devices!

Does the radio have the standard connections on the back that a 'universal' head unit would?

Cheers again man

Murdoch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.