VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've washed my car and give a coat of wax, I was waiting fir the wax to dry and now it's pissing it down. Do I leave the un buffed wax on the car or try to buff it off in the rain?

·
676 Posts
It will be fine to leave but I would probs just rub it off best you could for now and start again when the weather clears

·
468 Posts
I'm no expert and I don't mean to sound condescending, but its best to do one or two panels at a time at least then its not as difficult to get off and you don't have so much to buff off if it rains.

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I'm using wax that takes a while to cure I'll do the whole car as it's way quicker

·
Registered
804 Posts
I know what your saying, I used to do that, my personal preference now is to do as I say 2 maybe 3 panels max at a time, but each to their own.

Out of curiosity what wax are you using?
I'd like to know this too.

I use dodo purple haze and it hazes pretty quickly in average heat eg 16 degrees so i only ever do 2 panels max at a time.

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G3 super gloss paste wax, I did 2 coats, so I just decided to do the whole car at the same time, my though being that by the time it got all the way round it would be time to start buffing

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
I'm no expert and I don't mean to sound condescending, but its best to do one or two panels at a time at least then its not as difficult to get off and you don't have so much to buff off if it rains.
Depends what wax your using.Some wax's you need to leave half an hour onwards for best results.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
It'll leave a right mess getting it off when its wet. Can't you take it anywhere to leave to dry off?

Good tip would be a warm underground carpark, leave it for a couple hours then buff it off.

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it done at last... Waited for the rain to stop then patted the car dry then buffed off. Took bloody ages and it pissed it down half way through lol.. Car looking shiny now though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts