VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all am new to this forum so if I posted this in wrong place im sorry I am buying my first R32 been to look at a car candy white dsg full leather with recaro buckets 3 door on an 08. The seller tells me the car is rare because of the spec but mainly the colour , is this true or is he feeding me bull cause im a girl any help or advice would be appreciated Thanx

· Registered
2,809 Posts
White mark 5's are really rare, can't remember exactly but think there is maybe slightly under 20 in uk?

I remember a white one being discussed on here not so long ago and it turned out it had been sprayed white?

Whereabouts was it?

18,487 Posts
Yes, they are very rare and although some people quote 7off in the UK, I believe it's slightly more. All the official ones have factory fitted sunroofs.

206 Posts
this has a factory roof and has never had a colour change according to hpi is there anywhere I can find out officially before I part with my money
Take note of the VIN and contact VW, they should be able to tell you if it is genuine or not.

A second way would be to take a look at the paint code. There should be a sticker either in the handbook wallet or under the boot carpet - possibly in the spare wheel well.

Chances are, if it has a sunroof it will be genuine.

According to google, the paint code is LB9A. If needed I can look at my car tomorrow to confirm.

Finally, if anyone says '1 of 7' their talking BS.

· Wheel Whore!
1,015 Posts
Take note of the VIN and contact VW, they should be able to tell you if it is genuine or not.

A second way would be to take a look at the paint code. There should be a sticker either in the handbook wallet or under the boot carpet - possibly in the spare wheel well.

Chances are, if it has a sunroof it will be genuine.

According to google, the paint code is LB9A. If needed I can look at my car tomorrow to confirm.

Finally, if anyone says '1 of 7' their talking BS.
At least you are very very local to me, so when you sell up I can buy yours!

206 Posts
I can confirm that LB9A is the paint code you are looking for. The sticker in question could well be under the foam support in the boot - which will require removing the spare wheel and obviously the foam to find. Some supplying dealers are more energetic than others when hiding them.

And I hope you are a patient man Andrew as I am not planning on selling my one anytime soon. However, you may have to join a small queue IF I did decide I was letting go.

· Registered
305 Posts
A bloke had a white one in same town as me very nice colour he had it for about 5 month and sold it has black r32 stickers on side akirts if ita any1 on here now?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.