VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two really annoying rattles. They seem to be from the area the seatbelt comes out from on each side. They are like metallic sounds as if something is tipping forward and back. Anyone have the same and know how to fix?

As an aside, I noticed that there is a black rectangular piece of rubber stuck on where the seatbelt buckle comes to rest when it is not being worn on the drivers side. Is this normal or did the last owner add it? Is so, why, because the seatbelt would be clipped in whenever the car was being driven. Most wierd!

·
389 Posts
No idea Matey, maybe whip the rear quarter panels off and see if anything's loose?

As for the rubber bit, can't think off hand but I'm guessing it's an aftermarket jobbie...

Hope that helps,
Leon.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
575 Posts
Iv'e the same problem only a single rattle.coming from passenger side when the seats empty.It goes when someones in it,can really be annoying will have to get it looked at when it goes in for its first service,till then will try to live with it..

JUST!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sometimes it is tolerable, initially I only had it on the passenger side. I wonder if its some sort of gyro or mechanical sensor in the seat belt mechanism.

·
748 Posts
I found on mine it was the bloody stupid aluminium button on the handbrake that rattled and also the drivers seat belt buckle rattles in the latch when its on.

Managed to cure both though lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This sound is like a tapping, above and behind me to the right and to the left. Still, its like a limo compared to the boxster which rattled like a bag of nails.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
575 Posts
bhindibhaji said:
This sound is like a tapping, above and behind me to the right and to the left. Still, its like a limo compared to the boxster which rattled like a bag of nails.
Are the stealers going to investigate the rattle for you today whilst sorting ur downshift paddle?I would se interested in their findings as may be the same gremlin thats causing mine.seeing your post here, is making it nigh on impossiblefor my to forget mine.

cheers Lee

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
The bit of rubber is probably to stop the damn annoying squeak from the seat belt clip against the leather bolster of th Konig.
Mine really annoys me and i MUST get a bit of rubber or felt to stick on it.

·
133 Posts
Had a similar problem which was driving me round the bend a to and fro metallic rattle turned out to be a glass fuse in the ashtray at the back of the centre consol which was rolling about when i braked Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts