VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about replacing my rear brake lines with a braided stainless type line. Now I'm talking about from the mid flexi to the rear caliper. Has anyone else done this? If so what fittings did you need at either end. The current lines are gonna need replaced before MOT time so I thought if I could do it with a stainless type line then it would save them needing done again. I am going to be replacing the flexi pipes while I'm at it and will probably go with Goodridge, they offer a make your own brake line service if you can tell them length and fitting type.

So what are your thoughts folks?

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so mate you know the ones I'm talking about yeah? not the flexi over the trailing arm but from the flexi to the caliper?

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so did you get a full flexi kit and the rears from them? Do they do coloured lines and what sort of price are we talking?

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah gonna replace that one with the standard flexi replacement kit but also replace from that one to the rear caliper

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
yeah gonna replace that one with the standard flexi replacement kit but also replace from that one to the rear caliper
Ahh ok I got ya, my price was slightly higher as I got LCR calipers on the front now. They where £135 all in im sure. Ill look out the invoice, They are all transparent red too

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, also looking at ATE Super Blue fluid, any ideas how much for a complete flush and renew?

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
cool, also looking at ATE Super Blue fluid, any ideas how much for a complete flush and renew?
£10 a liter from GSF is super blue. Its pretty hard to do a full 100% fluid flush, you will need to cycle the ABS pump etc, Lindy at Murkle will do it though £60 IIRC Remember Super Blue is illegal to use on the roads

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is it, didn't realise it was illegal, might just stick with dot4 then. Fluid is flushed already so gonna have to vag-com it to do the abs pump and probably the clutch while I'm at it

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
is it, didn't realise it was illegal, might just stick with dot4 then. Fluid is flushed already so gonna have to vag-com it to do the abs pump and probably the clutch while I'm at it
Yeah says on the tin. I think that's one of the reasons why its blue to be honest, and makes it easy to bleed! Yeah for sure, It will be worth it in the end!
Must pop by one day.........(and sell me the VF)

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dude you just gotta resign yourself to the fact it ain't going anywhere hahaha, well she'll be on the stands for a while as the calipers and carriers got sent off today for refurb, just gotta order the brake lines, pads and get the discs skimmed then she will be going back together. I'm off on hols for a week or so but after that yeah should have a catch up and let me see the new car

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
dude you just gotta resign yourself to the fact it ain't going anywhere hahaha, well she'll be on the stands for a while as the calipers and carriers got sent off today for refurb, just gotta order the brake lines, pads and get the discs skimmed then she will be going back together. I'm off on hols for a week or so but after that yeah should have a catch up and let me see the new car
Sounds good to me. Alan @ A&L in castletown has a disc skimmer. Remember to use the discount code R32oc25 if your using Euro car Parts

·
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah already contacted him and I'm dropping the discs off to him next week, looking forward to getting her back on the road and MOT'd with brakes that work like they are supposed to. Decided not to go for the 996 upgrade
What pads are recommended these days, last ones were EBC yellows and wasn't overly impressed with them to be honest.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
yeah already contacted him and I'm dropping the discs off to him next week, looking forward to getting her back on the road and MOT'd with brakes that work like they are supposed to. Decided not to go for the 996 upgrade
What pads are recommended these days, last ones were EBC yellows and wasn't overly impressed with them to be honest.
Ahh fair play, yours will feel awesome with new lines fresh discs new pads and fluid anyway. I use Pagid or Brembo. Cant justify Ferodo's really, a few crap reports about EBC lately. Maybe your more suited to EBC red?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts