VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just purchesed My R32 a couple of months a go, and I notised my right rear tire was out of wack. I went and got a 4 wheel alignment all is good except......... I have 2.5 negitive camber on both rear tires. The car is fully stock, no suspention mods at all. Dose it come from the factory with that much negative camber???? It seems like a lot to be from the factory. Or is my rear suspention shot? I know when I accelerate the car squats on the back end alot.

Any help would be apreciated. Thank you?

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
the rear camber on the car as stock is quite aggresive, i think maybe yours is a little much. Are you sure the suspension is stock?

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I belive so.. It looks stock hight and the springs are Blue. the only non stock thing on the car is the cross drilled rotors I think.

The front has Negitive camber but not as much.

Driver side front -1.1 passenger side front -1.3

Driver side rear -2.3 passenger side rear -2.5

Mabey it's nothing??? I didn't think the suspention was as tight as I thought it would be, and then I found the camber issue. So I thought mabey there was something wrong with the suspention.

At least knowing that the car dose come with some negitive camber makes me feel a little better.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
negative camber is not a bad thing, depends on the tolerances and how you drive.

Im sure you know, having a bit of negatice camber helps cornering, having too much will create instability in a straight line and the obvious problems with tyre wear.

I think they look ok, the rears do have more camber as standard, and is clearly visible.

Id get them all setup so theyre equal, so 1.2 front and 2.3 back. then see how it handles, and check for tyre wear, if its irregular, try and speak to either VW or a good suspension technician.

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayne said:
negative camber is not a bad thing, depends on the tolerances and how you drive.

Im sure you know, having a bit of negatice camber helps cornering, having too much will create instability in a straight line and the obvious problems with tyre wear.

I think they look ok, the rears do have more camber as standard, and is clearly visible.

Id get them all setup so theyre equal, so 1.2 front and 2.3 back. then see how it handles, and check for tyre wear, if its irregular, try and speak to either VW or a good suspension technician.
I'm use to having negative camber, just not on a stock suspension. It made me a little nervous:confused:. I had H&R Race springs on my M3, 2 in drop in the front 1.25in. in the rear. that gave me a -3 camber in the front.

Thankx for you help Wayne:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.