VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right guys after doing the flaper mod at least a year ago the other day i got the engine management light permanently on on the dash and when i scanned with vagcom it had a fault code for the exhaust valve motor. so i ordered a new one from vw with came in at about £25. fitting is a bit of a pain but lucky i had a ramp to do it on. its located at the nearside of the car just above the backbox behind the heat shield, clipped to the chassis leg. after a bit of swearing i managed to get it unclipped and changed for the new one. Then i cleared the fault codes and everything is fine since :)

i also reconnected the pipe for the exhaust flap because the flapper mod is apparently what causes the motor to go in the first place.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Great news Rob, glad you sorted it.

It is the flapper mod that causes it, but as long as the vacuum hose is plugged properly, the motor won't fail for a long time.

Just so you know, when you change the exhaust for a milltek or similar, as these do not have a flapper either the hose just gets plugged in exactly the same way. So even with a performance exhaust it is likely that at some point the motor will fail again.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
I was going to do the "Flapper Mod", But I think I will leave it alone (But I will see.......One day)?

Matt, I did not know about if you change the exhaust that you still have the motors and it could still fail.

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the pipe was plugged properly, there was no way it was leaking. like i said it was over a year ago since i did the flapper mod so it has taken a while for the motor to go. ive put it back to original because i didnt see the point in damaging another motor untill i do get a milltek :)

just need to fit my faulty outside air temp sensor now, it read -50 this morning. lol

·
61 Posts
the outside air temp sensor is that the 1 in front bumper area? my mk4 r is overfuellin and comin up with air temp sensor? and a matey is tellin me i need an egr valve whats happenin please help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.