VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just after some rear led number plate lights for the mk4 r and if any one can recommend a set, seen a few about on the internet but would like some good quality ones that are going to last.

Cheers people.

·
374 Posts
hey mate i done mone last week, they need to be can bus safe or they bring up an error on your dash, e bay numberplate lights can bus ready, or can bus safe, the price varys on quality and brightness, mine are ok but wish i spent more, 12 quid and a bit dull but look sound and its a white light not dull amber

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool cheers, didn't realize I needed cambus ones for errors on the mk4 rear number plates lights.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
As already stated, you don't need the error free ones on a MK4, but the bulbs you will need are 37mm festoon incase you didn't know which type..

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Super cheers, Wasn't sure about Ebay to be honest.
Don't get me wrong, i'm not knocking eBay, and i'm sure there are lots of folk on here who have bought LED's off there and been lucky and not had any problems.. But there just seems to be too much hassle with them on there for my liking, too hit and miss. Bulbs lasting about a month or two is the most common scenario.. At least with Ultraleds, you can be assured of quality as each bulb is tested prior to sending them out.. And they're very well priced too.. You don't get that sort of confidence from eBay.

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
I didnt get bulbs ,i got the hole light kit just plug it in an pow ..be aware they are a tad on the bright side
Yeah so did i, they're not insanely bright like some (i didn't want them massively bright, just bright enough) so i opted for some of those fancy Golf 6 R ones. They weren't cheap but they're nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts