VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed one of these in the missus GTD, it was being a little awkward in that it would not retract if you had just reversed and quickly stuck it in park and took the keys out without giving the camera time to go back in, also the boot would only work once when the car was unlocked then it refused to open unless using the fob, I have tonight changed the 12v feed that I had originally took straight to the fuse box with a seperate 10 amp fuse, felt quite Chuffed with myself until it played up, I have now crock clipped it to the yellow wire from the stereo loom, it seems to be working fine, my question is I take it this is safe, as the yellow wire will have its own fuse, am I correct to assume this? Or should I redoe it?
Cheers in advance
Daz

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
No idea pal but I'd get it checked by a professional lol.......................

Never knew you were so handy! On a serious note PM SI-R32 on here(DPB MK5 with DRL's) hes very good with electrics

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers paulie,
It did work but you had to wait for the camera to retract before taking the keys out, I followed the instructions to the letter, Other people have had the same issue, I was just making sure the yellow feed would be safe enough, It all seems to be working fine now,

Daz your a funny guy hahahaha. cheers bud I will give him a PM
Daz

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done the RNS510 the factory bluetooth kit and now the RVC, Skint now though.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Did you take it to the right place in the fuse box as there are places for permanent live & switched live. I usually take them to switched live & give it its own fuse.

Also where did you take your reverse signal from the reverse light? Also check uve plugged the rvc plugs into the right connections as i think i had a similar prob with the locking and it was down to something being plugd in wrong

Hope this helps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers N13 KKF
I think it's sorted now, yes tapped off the reversing light for the camera deploy feed and the yellow wire in the stereo loom for the 12v. Originally went to the lower part of the fuse box as there was a live spur there, clipped the supplied spur in the other side and it worked but would not close if you removed the keys quick after reversing, also the boot only worked once but it seems cool now

·
Flaccid Member
1,835 Posts
Hi couple of quick questions.

I can't remember a yellow wire behind the stereo, do you mean red with a yellow stripe?

What colour wire from the camera loom went to this yellow wire?

Also for that matter, what colour wire in the camera loom went to the reverse light?

Cheers si

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Si
the yellow wire is connected to the reversing light in the tailgate, the black wire is to ground behind the top cover of the tailgate and the red wire that was supposed to go to the fusebox is to the yellow wire in the stereo loom in the dash, its definately a yellow wire i connected the red one to, this is the kit I bought, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181190735651 is a link at the bottom with a how to guide, I must have put the red wire in the fuse box to a constant live and not switched. it seems to be working fine now though.
Daz

·
Flaccid Member
1,835 Posts
Cool, reason I was asking is didn't realise you had install instructions, just making sure you didn't put yellow camera wire to yellow wire behind stereo.

But as its all working now that's good news mate.

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes thanks, I was going to pm you actually tonight if I didn't work it out, as you have been put forward as the wizard for electrics, lol. thanks for posting up anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts