VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, sold my Recaros to CIJ84 on Saturday, as per:

Well mate picked up the Recaros, thanks very much to SIR_DAVE for great communication and great deal and handover to my mate. Gutted i never got to meet you but sounds like the transfer went smooth apart from an issue of wiring. Looking into it already and trying to find solutions! Guess thats what changing stuff on your car makes! Not to worry will be sorted!
As said, sale went smoothly lol, but seems that VW changed the wiring harnesses between '55 (Chris' car) and '56 (my car). So the airbag connectors wont fit together (easy enough to sort) and the heated seats arent working either (complicated i feel).

I've taken pictures of the seat/car wiring & pins, so just wondering if anyone knows which wires to switch/splice together to get the heated elements working again

Airbag - assuming i can just use normal electrical connectors to splice the brown/green/white back together, then re-activate airbags in VCDS (they were turned off previously for my Recaros):

And then the rather trickier issue of heated seats:

Driver main seat looms:

My simple mind thinks that as the heated elements on the Recaros worked with only the purple/blue wire into the bottom right hand connector in the cars loom, i simply need to find which of the wires from Chris' seat loom needs to go in there? But which one - there are white, white/blue, yellow/red ... ?

Passenger main seat looms:

God only knows, the car loom has more wiring requirements than the ruddy seat loom has wires!!

·
Flaccid Member
1,835 Posts
Where are you based?

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you based?
Weybridge, Surrey. Was hoping you'd reply lol - you seem to be the retrofit guru .... any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts