VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, pm me if anyone thinking of selling.

·
19,388 Posts
Just for your information, Recaros in 3dr and 5dr MK5s are the same and have the tilting mechanism.

It only matters if your swapping as the 5dr standard seats don't tilt and are no use in a 3dr.

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for your information, Recaros in 3dr and 5dr MK5s are the same and have the tilting mechanism.

It only matters if your swapping as the 5dr standard seats don't tilt and are no use in a 3dr.
Cheers Bob, i was thinking of buying with the part swap in mind.

·
172 Posts
What I would want to know is; would the car that's loosing the Recaros & getting the leather sports seats be plug & play? eg would the electric lumbar support work ok? Are the sensors & wiring loom in place for the airbags & seatbelt warning? I know it would need coding which should be straightforward with VCDS. Furthermore, what would be the weight difference between the seats? I hear the Recaros are a lot lighter.

·
Cutting Edge Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
What I would want to know is; would the car that's loosing the Recaros & getting the leather sports seats be plug & play? eg would the electric lumbar support work ok? Are the sensors & wiring loom in place for the airbags & seatbelt warning? I know it would need coding which should be straightforward with VCDS. Furthermore, what would be the weight difference between the seats? I hear the Recaros are a lot lighter.
Lots of variables invloved, depends on the years of the R's losing the seats & gaining the seats.........theres a few small differences in later R's modules which mean some won't be a straight plug & play.

Recaros are about half the weight of standard sports seats.

·
Wheel Whore!
1,204 Posts
I hope you find a pair, I didn't and just changed my car to get a full spec one. Worth every penny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts