1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
544 Posts
i got mine from them.
that blue one needs the wheels redoing as are kerbed and it was filthy 2 days ago when i looked at it lol

·
1,036 Posts
It is where I got my car from mate, All went through OKI and I have been problem free for 6 months touch wood!!! Just make sure it is fully valeted if you buy from them.

·
1,184 Posts
Hi megalisp. Don't recognise the cars but I know they usually pick theirs up from the auctions TBH. Some nice roads nesr the garagefor a test and they usually let you go out on your own to test the car from my experience.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
richardshek said:
Hi Megaboost (and lil' beastie):wink: They've got an ad on here also plenty to choose from if you're willing to travel?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=693
When the time comes to buy I'll be more than happy to travel as far as I need to - these ones are just fairly local to me and as I'm still undecided what I actually want it will give me chance to poke around and hopefully try one on the road :)

I spend most nights drooling on the Pistonheads classified, some lovely examples on there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MAT ED30 said:
i got mine from them.
that blue one needs the wheels redoing as are kerbed and it was filthy 2 days ago when i looked at it lol
Cheers, thanks for the heads-up :)

jackie said:
It is where I got my car from mate, All went through OKI and I have been problem free for 6 months touch wood!!! Just make sure it is fully valeted if you buy from them.
To be honest I'd rather see it in it's raw state and then give it a nice detail myself, knock £100 off and let them leave it alone or something.

S19 MYD said:
Hi megalisp. Don't recognise the cars but I know they usually pick theirs up from the auctions TBH. Some nice roads nesr the garagefor a test and they usually let you go out on your own to test the car from my experience.
I lived in Pool for 6 months and absolutely loved all the roads around there (apart from climibing Pool Bank in busy traffic each morning), perfect R32 territory really - I'll go in the Supra rather than the scabby 106 so they take me more seriously and let me test drive :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you know otley well, if you go down arthington lane, and carry on towards harewood house and go past where hillclimb is held, when you get to end there is a car garage on the right, usually deals in classic cars, but they have what appears to be a mint Grey Anthracite one for 12995 if i remember right. Reg if i remembre is YJ03 PNW, im sure ive seen the car in my place for servicing, didnt seem a bad price, admittedly dont knwo mileage spec etc.

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
megaboost said:
When the time comes to buy I'll be more than happy to travel as far as I need to - these ones are just fairly local to me and as I'm still undecided what I actually want it will give me chance to poke around and hopefully try one on the road :)

I spend most nights drooling on the Pistonheads classified, some lovely examples on there.
Good man :wink:

·
23 Posts
I'm not sure whether this is any use but i got my car from the Lotus part of Stratstone group.
When i was talking to the sales guy (mark) he mentioned that they try to get as many R32's in as they can because they know they can shift them so easily and they seem ok prices as well.
If you go to www.stratstone.com and search for used R32 they've got 3 fairly decent looking ones at the moment.
Also, my old car's on there at the moment for 4k more than they gave me for it, still dont regret swapping though:proud:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jase1 said:
If you know otley well, if you go down arthington lane, and carry on towards harewood house and go past where hillclimb is held, when you get to end there is a car garage on the right, usually deals in classic cars, but they have what appears to be a mint Grey Anthracite one for 12995 if i remember right. Reg if i remembre is YJ03 PNW, im sure ive seen the car in my place for servicing, didnt seem a bad price, admittedly dont knwo mileage spec etc.
I know the road but can't recall the garage, will have a wander down that way though, cheers :)

BTW would it have been your car that I saw in Halfords car park on Sunday?

MKIV Black - Halfords, Leeds - Nurburgring sticker, darker alloys - R32OC | VW Golf R32 Owners Club

Squealer said:
I'm not sure whether this is any use but i got my car from the Lotus part of Stratstone group.
When i was talking to the sales guy (mark) he mentioned that they try to get as many R32's in as they can because they know they can shift them so easily and they seem ok prices as well.
If you go to www.stratstone.com and search for used R32 they've got 3 fairly decent looking ones at the moment.
Also, my old car's on there at the moment for 4k more than they gave me for it, still dont regret swapping though:proud:
Cheers :) Being a proper Yorkshireman I'll find it hard to pay trade prices for one but I might get tempted.

I'm not really in the right place to buy right now sadly as I still have a car to flog and a cash shortfall to make up but I like to do my research as much as possible. I still haven't fully decided that the R32 will be my next car and if it is I don't know if a MKIV or a MKV would be the way forward, I do seem to keep coming back though and I'm not as tempted by anything else at the moment :)

·
347 Posts
jase1 said:
This one:
http://www.thunder-road.info/info.asp?id=62

·
155 Posts
it does look nice but i have a few bad things about that thunder road garage. it may not be true but just to warn you mate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
richardshek said:
I agree, change the lights. So you're buying it then? :wink::xD
LOL, we'll have to see - I doubt I'll have the cash available in the near future though :)

biggs - thanks for the warning, will probably just view that one for now anyway, I can't really buy just yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jase1 said:
WOO HOO SPOTTED!!!! at last!! Yes that would be me, thanks for the comments! What does your supra look like, i'll have to keep an eye out for it.
Lovely car :)

I've put a couple of pics in the spotted thread but I was in a 106 on Sunday so you won't have noticed me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.