I've had to take in to consideration the work that needs doing
your not making me feel any better

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
kevj1984 said:
I've had to take in to consideration the work that needs doing
your not making me feel any better
I have 3 tyres here and a set of wheels if you need them? I think of you spent a grand you could sell for 1500 more easy peasy!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your not the first person to say that to me. A mechanic friend said i'm selling myself far to short. and i should be selling for 5k. :/

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
kevj1984 said:
your not the first person to say that to me. A mechanic friend said i'm selling myself far to short. and i should be selling for 5k. :/
Yeah you should. Look what you've fixed and what's to do.

·
3,392 Posts
Im going to be honest but this is only my view.........Its very well priced with what needs doing to it but its only cheap if you intend to do nothing with the car and drive it around as it is.

In my head ive just spent, £600 on proper named rubber, £900 on clutch, £500 on front end spray (because your never just be able to do the wing), £300 on wheel refurb. £250+ on full service and say a possible £200 on fitting a recon haldex?

Thats a £2750 total on work. Brings it up to £6550 to complete

This is me being picky with the spray work but ive just had mine done and it never ends at a touch up, i've just spent 1k on my paint.

£6500 isnt a bad price for the car once everything has been fixed as its only got 72k on the clock and the rest of the car seems sweet.

Someone will get a good deal if willing to spend the cash

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
Im going to be honest but this is only my view.........Its very well priced with what needs doing to it but its only cheap if you intend to do nothing with the car and drive it around as it is.

In my head ive just spent, £600 on proper named rubber, £900 on clutch, £500 on front end spray (because your never just be able to do the wing), £300 on wheel refurb. £250+ on full service and say a possible £200 on fitting a recon haldex?

Thats a £2750 total on work. Brings it up to £6550 to complete

This is me being picky with the spray work but ive just had mine done and it never ends at a touch up, i've just spent 1k on my paint.

£6500 isnt a bad price for the car once everything has been fixed as its only got 72k on the clock and the rest of the car seems sweet.

Someone will get a good deal if willing to spend the cash
Hit the nail on the head. It could be done cheaper but skimping is the whole reason why this is cheap in the first place. For example you could buy a decent set of rims with tyres 2nd hand in GC cheaper than refurbing and booting the aristos. So much potential for a buyer. I always buy cars that are a bit rough around the edges. Its a massive learning curve and you will always appreciate it more in the end

1 - 14 of 14 Posts