VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do I have ago at it myself? pay £180 for someone else to do it, or just leave them alone only reason im thinking it is because theres afew bits around the valves that are bubbling and afew discoloured bits in other places where I think the paint has come off, now the other question is do I paint or powder coat them ? lol im in a right mess thinking on what to do, part of me says leave them be and carry on saving for a mortgage or sod it and spend the money lol

· Registered
340 Posts
I'd get them done professionaly the first time as it will save you money in the long run.

I actually prefer a painted finish opposed to powdercoat, but need to be stripped and baked to get the best job, as the smart alloy companies tend to pop the bead off the wheel, but the paints so thin on the edges of the rim it just starts to flake.

· Registered
33 Posts
I'm having mine stripped right back and freshly painted soon! But a mate of mine as a 'quic fix' did his with plastidip and to be honest looked mint! And when he comes to get them painted it just peels straight off!

1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm having mine stripped right back and freshly painted soon! But a mate of mine as a 'quic fix' did his with plastidip and to be honest looked mint! And when he comes to get them painted it just peels straight off!
ive plasti dipped my wheels before didn't last very long in the temps kinda cracked and pealed off in flaps looked abit of a mess, I used 3 cans in total aswell to give good coverage

405 Posts
Powder coating doesn't leave the same finish in m eyes that why I paint mine , also they don't need to be stripped unless corroded as long as the wheels are prepped properly no matter how thin the paint is applied it won't come off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.