VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon,

Am currently looking round and am trying to work out which Remap to go for for my 32.....

Its either...

Revo stage 1 or...
APR stage 1

Can anyone please advise which one I should go for? also who may have had these already and have they noticed much difference....thinking of going more with the APR !!! by just not sure

Ta

Jordan
 

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
Joined
·
5,616 Posts
Speak to Ed @ APS, I've got their stage 2 remap to go with my Millteks and I've defiantely noticed a difference. Pulls a lot harder for longer and the power delivery is more linear. Rev limiter raised to 7,200rpm too :D

Also one of the cheapest at £350 inc. VAT :top:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Im getting a Revo remap on mine.

Not sure about the APS Product but trying to get hold of ed is like try to find hens teeth.

I did want the aps 300r
 
G

·
JimboR32 said:
Im getting a Revo remap on mine.

Not sure about the APS Product but trying to get hold of ed is like try to find hens teeth.

I did want the aps 300r
I have an APS remap too and would highly recommend it and them.

Ed does respond well to e-mail and generally answers the phone.
 

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
Joined
·
5,616 Posts
Phone: 01280 840491 or Email [email protected]

They are extremely helpful, and nothing is too much trouble.

I believe a stage 1 would still be £350, this is because it still envolves the same as Stage 2, the only difference is the software itself. Would definately recommend it, and as it's Christmas treat yourself to a Milltek cat-back too :D
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
190 Posts
I have the Revo ST1 on mine and its due to be upgraded to ST2 soon, i find it excellent, certainly better then the APR stuff as the rev limiter is increased
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK.....................................

So am I getting the impression that evryone thinks I should go for the Revo instead of the APR !!!

Is there anyone on this site who has had a APR stage 1 done???

Cheers

Jordan
 
G

·
Jordi Boy said:
OK.....................................

So am I getting the impression that evryone thinks I should go for the Revo instead of the APR !!!

Is there anyone on this site who has had a APR stage 1 done???

Cheers

Jordan
cnut has the APR code.

I would recommened APS over REVO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright Khutula...

How are you mate...so what you running on yours at present? As am thinking of now going for an APS.....been speaking with Ed all afternoon, and it sounds spt on...and a good price at mo...

Jordan
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
387 Posts
i had the APS 6 hour trial remap when i had my milltek put on at awesome, and it was v.good indeed.

but in the end it came down to cost...

APS £350 + VAT (@ Awesome in Manchester - 400 mile round trip)
REVO £339 + VAT (@ REVO dealer in Reading - err.. 3 mile round trip)

have had revo stage 1 for about 2 months now, and other than having the fueling a little high to start with, which caused a bit of pinking. a quick call to mike at revo hq and a freebie adjustment, and i'm all good.

pulls stronger and feels soo much more eager all the way to 7.2/3k. sounds mentalist over 6.5, like its gonna eat you, or go bang or something!

but no probs at all, and revomike was extremely friendly and accomodating of an indecisive customer (as i was just like you! :hmmmm:)

good luck
matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Matt,

Thanks mate for your info above....thats the only thing I'm thinking...is the distance to get there to have it done !!!

Still not sure which one to go for.....
 
G

·
goose said:
i had the APS 6 hour trial remap when i had my milltek put on at awesome, and it was v.good indeed.

but in the end it came down to cost...

APS £350 + VAT (@ Awesome in Manchester - 400 mile round trip)
REVO £339 + VAT (@ REVO dealer in Reading - err.. 3 mile round trip)

have had revo stage 1 for about 2 months now, and other than having the fueling a little high to start with, which caused a bit of pinking. a quick call to mike at revo hq and a freebie adjustment, and i'm all good.

pulls stronger and feels soo much more eager all the way to 7.2/3k. sounds mentalist over 6.5, like its gonna eat you, or go bang or something!

but no probs at all, and revomike was extremely friendly and accomodating of an indecisive customer (as i was just like you! :hmmmm:)

good luck
matt
Awesome do APR NOT APS - APS are a tuning company in their own right and are based in Brackley :151:
 
G

·
Jordi Boy said:
Alright Khutula...

How are you mate...so what you running on yours at present? As am thinking of now going for an APS.....been speaking with Ed all afternoon, and it sounds spt on...and a good price at mo...

Jordan
My mark IV has a Carbonio, Milltek ST exhaust, cats and manifolds, Schrick 268s cams and an APS remap. Loads of other goodies too, but they are handling mods rather than performance. IMO you should also consider improving the handling before you increase the power too much :151:

My service with APS was superb :top: My car is very very strong all through the range :151:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
387 Posts
yes thanks for pointing that out in CAPITALS Khutula.... :reddy:

i spent 15 mins trying to Edit my post before one of you sm4rtasses spotted that, but my system locked up :hmpf: :proud:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Khutula, After reading about the revo in that post im going aps its a brand new car and i really dont want any problems.

Ive now spoke to ed and im going to have the R300 Fitted :)
 
G

·
JimboR32 said:
Khutula, After reading about the revo in that post im going aps its a brand new car and i really dont want any problems.

Ive now spoke to ed and im going to have the R300 Fitted :)
Good choice - when are you having it fitted?
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top