VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how the gear lever comes off on mk4 as wanting to replace bush that goes in the ball on lever,
cheers.

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
You don't need to take the leaver off mate, you just move the leather gaitor up, then (from memory) there is a metal retaing plate around the bottom off the leaver which holds the bush in place, take this off. Alongthe left hand side are some metal pivot things which help bring the stick back to neutral, unhook them. If I remember correctly you can just wiggle the bush out and slide the new one in. Remember to lube up the new bush with silicon lubricant before it goes in... There us a guide with pictures somewhere on here

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers zig got it done what a difference with replacing it, also just done the 42 draft bushes and quick shift.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
R32 Baz said:
Cheers zig got it done what a difference with replacing it, also just done the 42 draft bushes and quick shift.
Awesome mods! What short shifter did you opt for

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went for the forge one was going to get side shifter aswell but its aright with the standard one, probably one of the best things ive done to the car.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
R32 Baz said:
I went for the forge one was going to get side shifter aswell but its aright with the standard one, probably one of the best things ive done to the car.
Quite right :) its a good mod in any car especially with 6 speed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts