VW Golf R32 Forum banner

removing headlight switch

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Gti Fly 
#1 ·
hi can anyone tell me how i can safetly remove my headlight switch below the vent

cheers :D

#6 ·
N13KKF said:
ahhh spaghetti junction, i just wanted to check something, do you have a link to your stealths or a pic :cool:
bits i have bought so far (my guy will be making his own wiring loom so no need for the pricey vw one)

here are the switches, they came in a pack of four but should only need one, also shown is the inline fuse, this will control the leds on, off and strobe

this is the unit itself, there are something like 7 or 8 patterns to choose from i will most likely settle for an alternating triple or quad pulse

these units can power as many strobes as you want, the one i have here will power 2 which are the spots but you can buy units with as many outputs as you like

like i said mate, if you want something made up then let me know, this is going to be a damn sight cheaper than trying to run a 3 option foglight from an oem switch

:)

#7 ·
yeah your prob right my lights are coming from the usa so when you have your install done would you mind sending me some pics of your setup and if you and your electrical guy wouldnt mind sorting me the parts id be much appreciated as i was thinking along the lines of:

to keep it original, as the harness has the conections to go in the existing plug on the back of the switch which i wanted to check.

i found this in tesco last night duno if you knew the sold it or not but it smells well nice :D

:xD:xD:xD

#8 ·
i looked into the switch and loom for vw and its alot of unneccessary cash imho

one option would be as my guy makes and installs mine he can make yours as a mirror image for you to wire in. i can help via email and with photos as its done on mine.

so far in parts ive spent about £30 (not inc the fogs) and all i have left to buy is something to make a bracket from, something along the lines of a standard bracket but with exhaust mounting rubber maybe, and the correct type of led bulbs that will be suitable for both running lights and strobe effects

like i said, damn sight cheaper. so cost of bulbs and my guy charges £20 to work it out and fit and i'm finished :cool:

with regards to originality the only difference inside the car will be nothing visable and just the switch which is tiny which ive yet to decide where i want it, maybe under the steering wheel somewhere, out of sight anyway

N13KKF said:
i found this in tesco last night duno if you knew the sold it or not but it smells well nice :D

:xD:xD:xD
haha.... thats where the origin of my name came from :D my favourite flavoured jelly bean...gunna need to buy me some of that :D

for the record....i wash my hair with this:
cherry and almond and try hard not to eat it as it is :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.