VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have developed a rattle behind the radio. Does anyone know the procedure for removing the radio?
Monkey

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mkv is different to mkiv, does'nt use removal keys, its a bigger pain in the ass!, involving removing a lot of the centre console to get to it.
If your going to do it, do yourself a favour and get some of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOJO-TRIM-BAG...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

saves scratching all the plastic with screw drivers.
Theres a removal guide on one of the other forums, will try and find it for you.

G

·
Im resurrecting this thread from the dead and hope one of you can help me

I have my first ever Golf and need some help from you guys

I want to remove the RCD-300 and install my Kenwood stereo in its place now i know how to remove everything and i have ordered the following parts

FITTING KIT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
FP-17-03 FASCIA SURROUND
PC2-75-4 WIRING HARNESS
PC5-137 AERIAL ADAPTOR

Now what i want to check is my steering wheel has controls on it which i dont really mind not using with the stereo as the controls only adjust volume and im sure i can stretch my and over to adjust this on the stereo is it a straigh forward out with the old and in with the new ?

I have been reading on a few forums (mainluy GTi owners) and they are all talking about stereo not switching off with the car etc and having a constant feed and red cables etc etc and also the Radio not being good. Can someone let me know if all i need to do is remove the RCD-300 and slot in the new stereo with the above parts and bobs ur uncle ?

As i said all advice is much appreciated.
Jeni x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.