VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a MK5 R32 and would like to reset all of the trip computers/MPG bits but cant work out how to do it.

The cars got a multi-function steering wheel and aftermarket double DIN, most of the buttons on the wheel dont work because of the stereo. Does this mean that I cant reset the computers or is there another, more clever way of doing it?

Thanks, Andrew

·
19,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you can switch between the trip computers by using the "ok" button on the MFSW you can reset them by pressing and holding the "ok" button.

If the "ok" button on the MFSW doesn't work then I don't know another way ti do it.

Trip 1 resets after the ignition has been off for around 2 hours

Trip resets when elapsed time reaches 99h 59m

·
19,389 Posts
Hey, either it's steering wheel or it's me that's dumb but probably the latter, I've hold and pressed the ok button for 10 seconds but nothing has happened.

I guess it will reset at:

Trip 1 resets after the ignition has been off for around 2 hours

Trip resets when elapsed time reaches 99h 59m

That correct?
Yip, that's correct.

When you hold the OK button to reset manually, make sure you are on trip 2 at and displaying time elapsed or distance and you should see it reset to zero after a few secs.

A "1" is displayed on the top right hand corner when Trip 1 is selected and a "2" when Trip 2 is selected. A quick push of the "OK" button on the MFSW switches between them. It is only displayed with distance, time elapsed and average mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts