VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At last I have my steering wheel back so now I can actually drive the R again after 2 long weeks!

Anyway, I am very happy with the quality and finish of the newly refurbished wheel, Jack at Royal Steering Wheels has really outdone himself once again.

The specification request was to be slightly thicker in diameter, nappa to the top and bottom, perforated leather to the sides and DBP matching stitching.

As always he communicated throughout the whole process with fast delivery upon completion as well.

A recommendation to anyone that wants to keep their R and refresh the inside finish.

Reactions: Douggie MkIV

918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£110 dude, with £10 for P&P

· Registered
843 Posts
Looks great and at a very reasonable price too!

I'm after something similar but with Alcantara top and bottom and I originally wanted red stitching (and match with the handbrake lever and gear surround) but the blue looks better I think...

Paul

918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He can do alacantra too, look online, he's got lots of images he's done already on Lambo's, Porsche's etc.

· Nappy Wearing Member
840 Posts
Very cheap! I was quoted around 150-200 from most places.

918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah he is really good at it too, done a few wheels from members on here, both MK4, MK5 and MK6 wheels.

· Registered
884 Posts
I just did a clean on mine and it came up looking impressively good...but this is next level.

For that kind of money it's really quite tempting.

How did you deal with removing the steering wheel with airbag etc I thought that was a garage job?

918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's a removal guide somewhere on here or online, which talks about disconnecting the battery & then the airbag to avoid setting it off etc, it's quite easy, I manged it!

You obviously have to be without a car for the duration though, unless you arrange for a replacement wheel to be sent over, which he can sort out for you too as part of the job.

· Registered
123 Posts
Jack did my e46 m3 steering wheel in alcantara and perf leather with the m stitching, looked and felt amazing all for £120. he even turned it around within a week from me sending it to it coming back. he really is a top bloke. well recommended

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.