VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I risk making an arse of myself as I'm not a technical person, but have been thinking about this of late and thought I'd ask the question/throw this out there...

I know that you can retro-fit cruise control and that is on the list of things to do, but can you retro-fit VW Start/Stop tech?

From VW website "On DSG dual clutch automatic versions it is even simpler; the Start/Stop system switches the engine off once you have stopped and your foot is on the brake pedal. The system can easily be deactivated, if you wish, by a switch within easy reach."

Would it also be possible to install Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) to shut down cylinders during low and medium load states reduces fuel consumption?

I was thinking of more power with Turbo and better fuel consumption simultaneously?

·
19,407 Posts
No you would not be able to easily retro-fit Start / Stop and or Actve Cylinder Technology as both systems are much more complex than they may initially seem.

If you could do it, the cost implementation would out weigh any potential benefit.

To add, if it was easy to retro-fit VW would offer it on all models. One thing VAG know is how to make money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.