VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title went out today all fine went to reverse in to a space and there was a constant bleep although there was nothing behind me now there is no bleep at all and there not working and my missus going mad at me saying I broke them cause she is crap at parking any ideas anyone

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you know anyone local, VCDS should show you any faults with the system.

It's not happened on my MK5 yet but on my old B6 Passat that would give a constant tone if the sensors were dusty/wet. This may have attributed to the constant bleep you first heard though as I mentioned, it's never happened in my MK5 so I assume they are better sensors than the Passat?

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I thought of to be honest I wiped all the sensors turned car off and tried again constant beep put in park and back in reverse then no beep at all and not beeping when I get close to something

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Sorry cant help, mine did this but it was dirty. A quick clean and its been fine since. The fact that yours no longer works sounds like you need it looked at

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I give them all a good wipe with some tissue this morning and its been fine all day so hopefully fixed strange as I did give them a wipe yesterday but so far so good fingers crossed

·
579 Posts
U can monitor each one on vag com see which one is reading as something too close when the tone is active have a good look at it mine done this because it had corrosion under the paint and it fixes after it got painted but if there is nothing obviously wrong take the sensor out and replace I'm sure they are about £60 but you may be able to source a second hand one, vag com also throws up a fault code if one is faulty but on mine the one that was causing the problem wasn't showing a fault so don't rely on that 100% check which one is reading as something close to it

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny you should say when I wiped them over this morning I did notice one of the sensors has a small blister on the paint

·
579 Posts
That is more than likely your problem take it off and rub back and repaint the sensor the rubber seal just pops off and u can mask the rest of the sensor and paint it just get some primer colour and lacquer from halfords or a paint supplier or pay someone to do it but should be easy to do yourself hardest part will be getting bumper off and even then that's easy just undo all the bolts and it slides off just be careful and unclip the sensors before fully removing the bumper

·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has been ok since if it does it again I will look in to that its a strange one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts