VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work the other nite and the roads was empty so I put my foot down and I thought the R topped out at 155 but it went to 160 and then I bottled it, it must because ive got it remapped! but the R deffernatly wanted more! ive seen a video on U tube of an R chasing a ferrari at 180mph!!

·
1,222 Posts
nice, can you honestly notice the difference with a revo remap? and did yours have the 6463 update before the remap ?

Justing wondering as that is something i will do very soon

·
198 Posts
zirconium said:
nice, can you honestly notice the difference with a revo remap? and did yours have the 6463 update before the remap ?

Been thinking of the remap myself, but what's the 6463 update??:)

·
4,328 Posts
Shane the 6463 update is a vw warranty recall which should be done for free, which fixs the heitation people felt around the 2.5k mark.

Guys remeber the car reads around 5-10% over the actual speed, but yes the revo map should have removed your top speed, as my amd map did. But dont they feel so firm and steady at that speed :)

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I managed 160 when i had the trial APR software, seemed to get there quick enough.
Not done it since the software time elapsed but may try again (on private runway) once the new software is on.

·
385 Posts
macdaddy said:
I managed 160 when i had the trial APR software, seemed to get there quick enough.
Not done it since the software time elapsed but may try again (on private runway) once the new software is on.
Macd do you thinl I could hit 160 with my setup?:hmmmm:

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
no, its all down to driver skill mate !!!!!!!!!!

Only joking, your remap should be enough tbh to take you to that figure

·
Registered
121 Posts
That is very fast! lol. only taken mine up to about 100 at the moment, only had it 5 days so dont want to push my luck this early on!

·
4,328 Posts
Cherry are you still having problems with helston, if so give me a ring on the number i gave you. Im sure i can get this sorted for you, even if you dont get it through helston you wont have to pay :)

·
3,732 Posts
pomme said:
Cherry are you still having problems with helston, if so give me a ring on the number i gave you. Im sure i can get this sorted for you, even if you dont get it through helston you wont have to pay :)
when did you give me a number dude? happy accept some help, definately hesitating now... i guess cos i'm looking for it i notice it more, just refuse to pay £90 for something everyone else gets for free :eviltongue:

(sorry to thread hijack :flute: )

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The car would of deffenatly hit 180's but I had something brown in my pants!

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zirconium said:

No I didnt notice at first but I do notice it now it wants to pull alot harder and the torque is always there!

·
387 Posts
6463 update also takes power from 241 to 250ish bhp (illedgedly!)

i got 162 on the clock and 158 on the road angel a couple of weeks back now - it was eerily quiet at that speed !

i have the 6463, carbonio and flapper mod - am planning milltek and re-map in search of 260/265bhp :151:

·
1,748 Posts
Very Cherry said:
when did you give me a number dude? happy accept some help, definately hesitating now... i guess cos i'm looking for it i notice it more, just refuse to pay £90 for something everyone else gets for free :eviltongue:

(sorry to thread hijack :flute: )
will vw do it if the engines not in an r32 anymore?

·
4,328 Posts
The only sure whay to know is to get someone to have a look at vagcom to see if its been updated, as i have heard of insidents of dealers saying it has the latest update when it hasnt (ie the dealers think its the latest update, just because they havent been sent/downloaded the new one).

Sorry not sure if vw will do the update, but surely if the engine isnt in a r, then you would be running standalone management, thus making the update worthless????

·
1,748 Posts
pomme said:
The only sure whay to know is to get someone to have a look at vagcom to see if its been updated, as i have heard of insidents of dealers saying it has the latest update when it hasnt (ie the dealers think its the latest update, just because they havent been sent/downloaded the new one).

Sorry not sure if vw will do the update, but surely if the engine isnt in a r, then you would be running standalone management, thus making the update worthless????
its in a v6 4 motion its had everything swapped over its using a stock map which is crap tbh sooooooo twitchy at light throttle and it sometimes hesitates

·
4,328 Posts
I cant see why they wouldnt do the update though, but i bet they will def charge you for it. Best bet is to get on the blower and ring a few of your local dealers and see what they say.

·
1,748 Posts
pomme said:
I cant see why they wouldnt do the update though, but i bet they will def charge you for it. Best bet is to get on the blower and ring a few of your local dealers and see what they say.
id rather boil my testicals in hot bleach but i guess theres no way round it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts