VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
initial report on the engine and dsg re maps as requested

The up and down shifts are faster and the blips sound great, the whole box feels more decicive when driven hard and sport mode is now an animal, the paddles will let you rev right up until you blow it up but wont let you drop down if you are doing silly revs

the top speed seems to have gone up by 5-10 mph

ive only used the launch control; once before but this time felt great , by the time id looked at the rev counter and marveled at the speed of the changes i was doing 100 and running out of road ( private driveway of course)

so far it has improved the car but ive only done b road missbehavior and a little top ending

im on a 250 mile run this week end so will report back some more

so far totaly worth the money

·
1,138 Posts
Sounds very positive. If you dont mind me asking, what kind of money is involved for the re maps??

·
192 Posts
Sounds good and money well spent.

I'm not a fan of Revo software but its always good to hear peoples comments.

What rpm is the launch set at???

·
Wheel Whore!
1,204 Posts
Total cost of remap and dsg software approx?

You must have one hell of a driveway

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cost + engine remap£349
dsg remap £299
gear changes at 7000 in drive and 7500in sport ,i think it dosent have any limit on the paddles but obviously dont want to find out ( when driving normaly it behaves like a normal auto box)

and yes on the huge driveway i saw 165 on the clock

im very surprised on the transformation in the car as a whole, it already had miltex cat back, kw coil overs all round and yellow stuff to stop it and now it feels like its pushing the suspension and brakes

ive also got a stage 2 , 2.8 turbo signum and after the remaps the golf now feels quicker all round ( it was already a lot better anywhere but in a straight line)

if i had only £300 for upgrades i think on retrospect i would do the dsg map as it is the "funnest" for the money

·
587 Posts
I never realised the rev limit would be raised with the revo dsg map. Something the mkv desperately needs as it can't do 60mph in second as standard.

Might be next on my list.

Have you done a timed 0-62 at all?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
il get on a 0 - 62 next week, im about to leave for some boring motorway miles so will report back on that as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts