VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just had my Forge induction and Milltek non res fitted and the car sounds lovely, a little noisier than expected but i still love it. I was pulling out from a roundabout this morning and all was clear i was a little heavy on the accelerator and let out a nice roar, i then had a white van behind me flashing his lights, who has previously been behind me at the roundabout junction. I initially thought my number plate may have come loose as that has been happening on the front since i put the new plates on, but it was fine and all my lights were good.

It was obviously due to the roar of my Milltek? its not a residential area and there are no houses in close proximity, so i cant see what his problem was. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I'm probably just being a tart and haven't had enough sleep, but this has really wound me up, if i see him again i want to stop and ask him why he was flashing his lights at me?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Yeah could be the complete opposite.... I have this approach:
  • Some one flashes or waves and seems positive, I wave/flash back. Maybe give it some revs.
  • Some one flashes or waves and seems negative, I wave/flash back. Maybe give it some revs.
Nothing the haters love more, is you smiling and giving them a big thumbs up when they are trying to insult you

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've just had my Forge induction and Milltek non res fitted and the car sounds lovely, a little noisier than expected but i still love it. I was pulling out from a roundabout this morning and all was clear i was a little heavy on the accelerator and let out a nice roar, i then had a white van behind me flashing his lights, who has previously been behind me at the roundabout junction. I initially thought my number plate may have come loose as that has been happening on the front since i put the new plates on, but it was fine and all my lights were good.

It was obviously due to the roar of my Milltek? its not a residential area and there are no houses in close proximity, so i cant see what his problem was. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I'm probably just being a tart and haven't had enough sleep, but this has really wound me up, if i see him again i want to stop and ask him why he was flashing his lights at me?
Lol I usually find that a middle finger out of the window does the trick lol

White can men pfffft, always dawdling, usually under the speed limit anyway as their always on someone else's time, roling around in 5hitty unroadworthy rusty sheds lol

Obviously that's not everyone and I know there's tradesmen on here but I'm the master of sweeping statements!

What annoys me more is people who flash at you while your over taking..... Had one last night, it was dark and I was nowhere near the tool, queue full beam in the face, like that's gonna help the situation. Cock.

·
Registered
977 Posts

White can men pfffft, always dawdling, usually under the speed limit anyway as their always on someone else's time, roling around in 5hitty unroadworthy rusty sheds lol

Obviously that's not everyone and I know there's tradesmen on here but I'm the master of sweeping statements!

What annoys me more is people who flash at you while your over taking..... Had one last night, it was dark and I was nowhere near the tool, cue full beam in the face, like that's gonna help the situation. Cock.

·
374 Posts
i have non res on my R and had a bit of negativity from it, an old man at a bus stop shouted at me once, but to be honest i just revved it to drowned out his voice, had somone on facebook say its too loud and i should die driving it, (pure jealousy).

on the other hand when people can be nice its a great feeling, asking you to rev at the lights or when it was in the garage having tracking re adjusted everyone loved it.

take the rough with the smoothe dude. youll get some great comments or jealous ones. but we all know, even the jealous mardy haters know that the R32 sounds amazing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah could be the complete opposite.... I have this approach:
  • Some one flashes or waves and seems positive, I wave/flash back. Maybe give it some revs.
  • Some one flashes or waves and seems negative, I wave/flash back. Maybe give it some revs.
Nothing the haters love more, is you smiling and giving them a big thumbs up when they are trying to insult you
Great advice, il be sure to follow this next time!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

What annoys me more is people who flash at you while your over taking..... Had one last night, it was dark and I was nowhere near the tool, cue full beam in the face, like that's gonna help the situation. Cock.
Hahaha, quality!

Yeah pure intelligence to give you full beam in your face! I don't understand those drivers either who do this when they are miles away from you like its a crime to overtake?!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have non res on my R and had a bit of negativity from it, an old man at a bus stop shouted at me once, but to be honest i just revved it to drowned out his voice, had somone on facebook say its too loud and i should die driving it, (pure jealousy).

on the other hand when people can be nice its a great feeling, asking you to rev at the lights or when it was in the garage having tracking re adjusted everyone loved it.

take the rough with the smoothe dude. youll get some great comments or jealous ones. but we all know, even the jealous mardy haters know that the R32 sounds amazing.
Yeh very true, there's always going to be haters out there. My cousin from Australia said its completely different out there, if you have a nice car people pay you complements and want to know about your car. Rather than uk culture of instantly envying and hating someone with a decent motor which they have obviously worked hard for. Saying that when i see a Ferrari or Lambo on the motorway my first thought is C***, but in a nice way!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Lads, i think ive got over my little temper tantrum now and don't want to kill anyone anymore!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yeh very true, there's always going to be haters out there. My cousin from Australia said its completely different out there, if you have a nice car people pay you complements and want to know about your car. Rather than uk culture of instantly envying and hating someone with a decent motor which they have obviously worked hard for. Saying that when i see a Ferrari or Lambo on the motorway my first thought is C***, but in a nice way!
Maybe that's a space thing?!.... in the UK the roads are jammed, you'd be hard pressed to do 100m without hitting temp light etc, therefore your regularly stationary, or certainly going slow, hence more noise... That's just my thoughts

Out there you've got miles of road to yourself and rarely get in the way of anyone.... Plus European cars are rarer, isn't it usually all jap stuff?! So maybe there's a novelty factor.... ?!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Cheers Lads, i think ive got over my little temper tantrum now and don't want to kill anyone anymore!
Lol I suffer with it just as much as you mate, thing is, finger is fine, just don't boot it away in a pi55ed off mood cos sods law someone will step out in front or whatever....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe that's a space thing?!.... in the UK the roads are jammed, you'd be hard pressed to do 100m without hitting temp light etc, therefore your regularly stationary, or certainly going slow, hence more noise... That's just my thoughts

Out there you've got miles of road to yourself and rarely get in the way of anyone.... Plus European cars are rarer, isn't it usually all jap stuff?! So maybe there's a novelty factor.... ?!
Yeah out of their city centers the roads are definitely quieter, id love to have my R out there! There is a lot of Jap stuff but even if you've got top spec of the mass produced people love it. I think there just a lot friendlier out there and don't take life so seriously, Don't get me wrong there are still plenty of d**k heads out there but not in the same abundance as over here! Cheaper fuel too, that's probably got a lot to do with it!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yeah out of their city centers the roads are definitely quieter, id love to have my R out there! There is a lot of Jap stuff but even if you've got top spec of the mass produced people love it. I think there just a lot friendlier out there and don't take life so seriously, Don't get me wrong there are still plenty of d**k heads out there but not in the same abundance as over here! Cheaper fuel too, that's probably got a lot to do with it!!
Yeah I agree, my mates there at the mo.... he's rolling around in some 5ltr v8 ute.... his word not mine lol, already down with the lingo....

I like the British lifestyle though, the weekend drinking etc, Austria had the weather but doesn't have the social side like we have.... And Yeah there are exceptions obviously

1 - 20 of 37 Posts