VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a3 3.2 engine code bmj 2006

Appreciate this is not a R32 but I struggle to get any support elsewhere..

I've had to replace the cylinder head gasket on this car as it was run without any coolant. Compression is fine, car runs beautifully and there are no fault codes.

However when it is idling there is a noticeable misfire where she is just lumpy and not 100%

Checked mbv 15 and 16 and no misfire count recognition ..

Any ideas ?

P.s. the coil packs had got really hot resulting in them being stuck in the head (bit of plastic melted out of them). I've pulled the plugs one by one and they are all functioning....

Thanks

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
Throttle body might need cleaning.. Is the MAF working ok?? I presume it is if there are no fault codes..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throttle body is clean, swapped MAF and still the same. Useful to note the problem did not exist before the head came off.

I've done the head gasket myself, had to have the head skimmed due to it being warped, but have also had the valve seats cut back to maintain clearance.

Nope I'm 100% certain all vacuum line are in place, checked them all by unplugging them individually......

·
2,204 Posts
What's the long term idle trim value? Measuring block 32 IIRC. If it's anywhere near 10%, you either have an air leak or a MAF that isn't quite 100%. They are fickle things!

Blowing cigar or automotive test smoke into the intake is the only thorough way to check for leaks really.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts