VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal...went over to spain today to have a look at some replica alloys as i dont like the look of the omanyts. The price i was given was 1500 (around £1k) euros for both RS4 and R8 Reps...they would be wrapped in Michellin Pilot Sport 2's and includes VW Centre caps, locking bolts and would be aligned etc....thing is i cant make up my mind on which to choose? Any help/opinions/comments would be much appreciated!

Here is a picture of a TR on RS4 Reps...

Here is a picture of a TR with R8 Alloys (had to be photoshopped as i couldnt find a real life pic)

Many thanks!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,485 Posts
Think they both look rubbish tbh, although the R8 wheels do look better.

Just get some Zolders or BBS' on and your laughing.

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EdHoskins said:
Think they both look rubbish tbh, although the R8 wheels do look better.

Just get some Zolders or BBS' on and your laughing.
Zolders are alright and i guess i could live with the omanyts for a while...the only BBS i would probably consider are the CH's....

·
616 Posts
I'd say the R8 wheels look better, but the RS4 look better on the car. Possibly because the R8's a chop.

·
1,184 Posts
I'm with R and C...it would be CHs all the way for me, or RS4s if you must.

·
544 Posts
rs4 for winter wheels thats all they are good for lol

·
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SpoonZ said:

You know it makes sense :D
That looks so good!...you running 18's or 19s?? Details if you dont mind :D

·
1,084 Posts
Without meaning to offend anyone, I think all the wheels discussed above have been done to death.

There are some good options from the Audi bin. (The S-line optional wheels) very similar to Aristo's (but for the MkV), and also some BBS style ones. I also think OZ Superleggera GT suit the MkV. Also the ones from the Mk2 TT

Buying rims from a reputable brand (ie not replica's) will reduce the unsprung weight of the car, which will make it feel a lot more nimble handling (so I'm told).

Obviously budget is an issue, and if that price includes decent tyres, it's very good. However, at the moment I'm really drooling over rims from Enkei, and Rays Volk. See near the bottom of this thread.. both very lightweight and very expensive :cry:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3659908

See here for other aftermarket options on the MkV.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3388195

·
276 Posts
19" with 235/35/19 Toyo's, soon to be Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

Considering some springs but concerned about ride quality and possible rubbing issues. The more I look at it the more I think it could lose 30mm. Cant afford coilovers at min as just purchased 4 new tyres, milltek, panel filter and £150 of detailing gear :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts