VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm curious to know if any of you have heard of the VW festival called 'Run to the sun' (aka RTTS) held down in the south west, Newquay on a annual basis (23rd to 26th of May) last year was supposed to be the last one ever, but they have decided to go ahead for another year.
it's a vastly growing festival that is apparently very good.
It has a Vw show and shine for those that want to show off there cars.
And a raving weekend for those who like the dubstep and drum & bass scene.
i'm attending it this year for the first time, and would like to invite anyone on here to come along and show off your pride and joys.

A vw festival that could do with a shite load of R's turning up at there doors :)

Anyone interested, let me know!

Check out the link
http://runtothesun.co.uk
Product Font Material property Screenshot Parallel
Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number
Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel
Product Font Screenshot Material property Advertising

Members going :-

1.) SeanyB
2.) JLD91
3.)
4.)
5.)

Attachments

Reactions: TwoCollieForThirty

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

· Shiver Me Timbers
966 Posts
Only 8 miles from me.a few yrs ago there was a bit of trouble with kids egging cars,water pistols etc.that's been sorted by the cops now, i think its worth the trip,big event now and growing every year.good

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only 8 miles from me.a few yrs ago there was a bit of trouble with kids egging cars,water pistols etc.that's been sorted by the cops now, i think its worth the trip,big event now and growing every year.good
Yeah, this happened years ago, but the youth that caused that trouble decided to grow up thank god!
The last 3 years has apparently been the best they've had, with each year getting better.

Will you be going to it this year?
Be cool to organise a little meet if they'll be a few R's there?

· Shiver Me Timbers
966 Posts
SeanyB said:
Yeah, this happened years ago, but the youth that caused that trouble decided to grow up thank god!
The last 3 years has apparently been the best they've had, with each year getting better.

Will you be going to it this year?
Be cool to organise a little meet if they'll be a few R's there?
I will be working 6 days a week when its on but if there are a few members going i will try to come down to meet them.its crazy busy in newquay that week .:)

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be working 6 days a week when its on but if there are a few members going i will try to come down to meet them.its crazy busy in newquay that week .:)
Yeah I know, I grew up down in the south.
Newquay gets as bad as weighbridge when the Royal Cornwall show kicks off.

Well, I'll certainly be there this year so if anyone from here plan to be there be sure to let me know

· Shiver Me Timbers
966 Posts
SeanyB said:
Yeah I know, I grew up down in the south.
Newquay gets as bad as weighbridge when the Royal Cornwall show kicks off.

Well, I'll certainly be there this year so if anyone from here plan to be there be sure to let me know
I'll know for sure when its closer to the date but i will try to get time off:).i was born in Wadebridge.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll know for sure when its closer to the date but i will try to get time off:).i was born in Wadebridge.
Aha! Although..... I've been out of Cornwall long enough to forget how its spelt lol!
I work at the Royal cornwall show every year..... bet you loved that time of year growing up in that area.

· Shiver Me Timbers
966 Posts
TwoCollieForThirty said:
Count me in on this! I'm only 20 mins away

Will be a good excuse to dust off the R and get it out the garage for the first time in about 3 years lol! I'll sort out the MOT and get it road ready.

So who's going or thinking of going?

Maybe start a list?
I'll be there if i can get a day off!!!
Where you based twocollie? Must be near me??

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Count me in on this! I'm only 20 mins away

Will be a good excuse to dust off the R and get it out the garage for the first time in about 3 years lol! I'll sort out the MOT and get it road ready.

So who's going or thinking of going?

Maybe start a list?
I'll be there also!

Maybe a list could be put together if there's enough interest to organise a little meet

· South East Organiser
6,406 Posts
I live not far from newquay, trouble is that weekend in May is my wedding anniversary
Sweet spend the anniversary partying!

I have never been to it. a few girlfriends of mine have been its pretty a 3 day party. They thoroughly enjoy each year!

· Registered
1,005 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.