VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright all,took my R to vw about 5 months ago to have a bit of rust on the inside of the passenger door under the rubber seal looked at, they sent me to their authorized paint shop and they done the paint depth test and took pics etc,now VW have come back with an offer of 50% of cost that they will pay for which leaves the other 50% for me to pay
. Unhappy with this i rang VW customer care and they said will look into it and get back to me,was hoping to at least get more like 70% their side of things and 30% my side.Dont think i should be paying any costs as still under warranty though,What do you think?

G

·
oh 12 year paint warranty ? i was thinking 10 yrs ? i have a small bubble on top of rear quarter panel where meets roof line i might pay vw a visit now

but no make them pay 100%

·
19,389 Posts
oh 12 year paint warranty ? i was thinking 10 yrs ? i have a small bubble on top of rear quarter panel where meets roof line i might pay vw a visit now

3 year paint warranty
12 year anti-corrosion warranty

·
19,389 Posts
Alright all,took my R to vw about 5 months ago to have a bit of rust on the inside of the passenger door under the rubber seal looked at, they sent me to their authorized paint shop and they done the paint depth test and took pics etc,now VW have come back with an offer of 50% of cost that they will pay for which leaves the other 50% for me to pay
. Unhappy with this i rang VW customer care and they said will look into it and get back to me,was hoping to at least get more like 70% their side of things and 30% my side.Dont think i should be paying any costs as still under warranty though,What do you think?
Hold out 70:30 should be achievable if not 100%

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Alright Andy,bob right,12 year anti-corrosion warranty and yeh get it looked at you never know may save yourself a few ££££.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I tried to get the rusty tailgate done under the warranty but they were only going to pay 50%. Was going to cost me £670 odd. In the end I found a mint one from a written off R, had the bonnet of the same car too as it was cheaper than getting ours resprayed!

·
374 Posts
im going this year for my 2 wheel arches. dont want to put a penny towards it either because its a common fault so im trying for 100% paid by vw.

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright all,just got news back from VW customer care(
)not happy ,have been told all they will pay towards this is 50% and thats it,they said if i had my car serviced with them maybe the dealers would have put some towards it but as i havnt had service done by them(vw)so looks like im gonna have to pay the other 50%...cant believe they would only pay 50% when it is still in warranty...( 50% is better than nothing i know)

·
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright all,just got news back from VW customer care(
)not happy ,have been told all they will pay towards this is 50% and thats it,they said if i had my car serviced with them maybe the dealers would have put some towards it but as i havnt had service done by them(vw)so looks like im gonna have to pay the other 50%...cant believe they would only pay 50% when it is still in warranty...( 50% is better than nothing i know)
Alright all,not happy with the out come of this...is there anybody other than VW customer care that i could talk to about my claim(VENT MY FRUSTRATION),thanks ****.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts