VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Hi all, i thought it best with the winter months now setting in to try and get a list of the best rust protection products on the market. hopefully with enough feedback from us all this can become some sort of help file for the future.

I've been meaning for a while now to have the car put on ramps so i can give the whole underside and arches a good coat. I've read a number of threads on other forums which state Waxoyl is one of the best products, although Bilt Hamber Dynax S-50 seems to be mentioned just as much. Without actually using any of these products i cant yet comment on how effective they are.

If possible can we get a list together of the best products out there aswell as key areas on both the MKIV and MKV platform. I will update this initial post with both products and the areas.

Products

- Wurth cavity wax

Key Areas

- Front Wheel Arch behind liner (Wheel liner needs to be removed to access)
LINK to Removal guide

- Unblock Boot Drainage holes

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive just been looking into the Bilt Hamber products....

Hydrate
- Rust Killer, turns rust into clean metal
Dynax S-50 - Cavity Wax
Ferrosol - For Suspension, Wishbones etc

Anyone used any of these, if so whats your opinion on it ?

·
777 Posts
drain plug bungs in boot lid removal would be an AWESOME start lol

Wurth cavity wax is decent stuff and have done my entire car inside and out with it in June, will be having another lashing in the next few weeks

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Added to the list Andy, cheers

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
Sam theres a place in the Northwest somewhere that steam cleans the underside of your car...........theres always at VWNW and last time I asked it wasn't that expensive.

Just get that done and spray with Zaino clear seal, job done

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sam theres a place in the Northwest somewhere that steam cleans the underside of your car...........theres always at VWNW and last time I asked it wasn't that expensive.

Just get that done and spray with Zaino clear seal, job done
Do you know what the place is called Daz ?

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll look into it and post up if i can find anything Daz !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts