VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
19,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks as though there might be a few disappointed Chelsea fans as "The Special one" drives through London on his way to Manchester.

Whoever takes over, it's going to be a tough gig to follow

Reactions: vrt and raiden

·
2,896 Posts
At last!!! Now its time for Liverpool to make a come back

·
149 Posts
Moyes with Sir Alex on the board overseeing the transition. Just hope who ever it is they get a proper crack at it to give them a chance to establish. Wouldn't like to see the club go down the route some others have.

·
17 Posts
JM would be a great replacement provided he is ready to settle down at a club. I'm pretty sure Fergie knows who is replacement will be and has a massive imput into who the club decides to hand his legacy on to

·
742 Posts
Bout time Old Whiskey Face gave up! Wonder how "The World's Greatest Football Club",will cope without "Fergie Time" when they are in a tight spot?

·
206 Posts
Absolutely brilliant news. Time for Liverpool to knock ManUre of their F*^K*ing perch. Having said that it will still be slow progress and all the other clubs will be thinking the same.

One thing is for sure - Utd aren't going to find another 'Whiskey Nose' so easy to come by. With his success, everyone else will be a let down, which is fantastic!! 27 years of his influence GONE! Epic. Best manager short term for them is the so called 'special one' but he only stays around 3/4 years and then moves on. My preference would by Moyes...as that would kill to birds with one stone!!!Lol

Happy days.

·
198 Posts
best manager the worlds seen, and i hate the guy. His son managed my team for a year and brought all of daddys youth players, then once our shocking board realised that daddys son was sodding useless and we sacked him. daddy then took all his players and asked several other managers to take their players back from us. We lost about 6 of our starting 11 and had nothing to fill them in with. But weve moved on.....

moyes next, from a Preston North End fan its nice to see the old gaffer doing a great job at everton now to do the same with united, providing he gets enough time.

you cant fill fergies boots streigth away but given time moyes will get you everything.

·
101 Posts
lol at the "brilliant news".

You will miss him, even though you hated him.

Gotta laugh at the Liverpool fans above thinking they will knock off United from the perch. With their cannibal Suarez and ageing Gerrard.

Anyway back to United - i hope Maurinho doesnt join - bit of an old chav if you ask me!
Moyes would be good, or Martin O'Neill.

Wish SAF all the best. He is staying as Ambasaddor or something though

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Jose to Chelsea, thats all i care about!!
I read this evening that this has hit a stumbling block as Abramovich won't pay the 10 million or so needed to buy him out of his contract along with his management team from Madrid.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I read this evening that this has hit a stumbling block as Abramovich won't pay the 10 million or so needed to buy him out of his contract along with his management team from Madrid.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk 2
Hope he does
Stupid not too! He will sell more shirts than Ronaldo and Beckham combined if he did
.....Maybe not but he will get that wonga back. Abromovich wants to be top team, gotta pay for it! Paid 50m for Torres and that is a waste! Not 10m for the 2nd best manager in the world

·
206 Posts
Like to see how many Man Ure fans are hoping for Martin O'Neill to be their next boss - I'm guessing that would be one very, VERY short list!!! Lol.

Anyway, like I said before - enough Man Ure fans had their fun at Suarez's expense and revelled (pissing most fans off with their arrogance at the same time), in the success (can't knock it), that Ferguson brought, but now the shoes's on the other foot and the 'best' manager in club football retires and everyone knows that it can only weaken them. Every club has it's day and every good thing has to come to an end. So once again, for every fan of a team other than Man Ure...brilliant news.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
It's a sad day for not just English football but world football. Quite possibly the greatest manager that ever lived. I'm 26 in a week or so, he was Man U manager for 27 years, longer than I've been alive. I don't like Mourinho but he seems to have a respect for Ferguson and he is a talented manager. I think if he wants a permanent long term job then he's the right choice, if he wants to do a few seasons and leave then not. All teams need long term stability and most never get it

·
19,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a sad day for not just English football but world football. Quite possibly the greatest manager that ever lived. I'm 26 in a week or so, he was Man U manager for 27 years, longer than I've been alive. I don't like Mourinho but he seems to have a respect for Ferguson and he is a talented manager. I think if he wants a permanent long term job then he's the right choice, if he wants to do a few seasons and leave then not. All teams need long term stability and most never get it
Well said and I'm old enough to remember the early days when he was only a match or two away from the sack. How history could have changed

Looks like David Moyes will be confirmed later.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Well said and I'm old enough to remember the early days when he was only a match or two away from the sack. How history could have changed

Looks like David Moyes will be confirmed later.
I didn't know he was close to being sacked until I watched the programmes on Sky last night. That's what I love about History, it tells a story of how things got to where they are now and all the troubles and possibilities along the way

·
19,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't know he was close to being sacked until I watched the programmes on Sky last night. That's what I love about History, it tells a story of how things got to where they are now and all the troubles and possibilities along the way
Also, there was his success at Aberdeen prior to Man Utd too, which should not be underestimated. One of the few to challenge the Old Firm domination in Scotland

·
3,242 Posts
cuprabob said:
Also, there was his success at Aberdeen prior to Man Utd too, which should not be underestimated. One of the few to challenge the Old Firm domination in Scotland
Talking of scottish football,
Dundee Utd were the last team to hammer barca, like bayern did just there.
It was weird how fergie left(forced out of) ibrox in his playing days.

Regards
Vrt

·
19,403 Posts
It was weird how fergie left(forced out of) ibrox in his playing days.
I may be wrong but I understand it had simething to do with his wife being a Catholic and bigotry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts